Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elusive Angostura Bitters

Options
  • 15-12-2009 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hey,
    Has anyone seen Angostura Bitters anywhere in the Dublin area recently? Can't find it at all and keep hearing something about supplier issues.
    Thanks a mill
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭wobzilla

Super valu Balbriggan has them. We've only one or two bottles left though

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

Cheers Wobzilla,
    Not ideal though as I'm other side of Dublin. I'll chance my arm in the mean time but if no other posts come in, I'll be up to you when I can.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

They used to have it in Londis in Maynooth a few years ago, if you have a Londis nearby might be worth checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Angostura Bitters has been pulled from a lot of offies as it's only a seasonal seller. Outside of Xmas they barely move. Yet nearly every housewife in the country is looking for it, as celebrity chefs like Delia Smith and Rachel Allen have been continually plugging it while discussing their christmas recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I remember reading in the paper that there was some sort of drought or something in Angostura. And the harvest of herbs this year was very small, so as a result there's a massive shortage of Angostura Bitters this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i picked up a bottle of this in cork recently after a good long search.
    Where i eventually found it, the manager told me that, the few bottles remaining were from a case of it that he has bought over 3years ago.

Obviously this stuff isn't shifting as fast as you might think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I haven't had a lemon, lime and Bitters since I left NZ!
    You can also add in vodka to that if you want a kick. But lovely either way.

Been trying to find a bottle in Donegal myself and can't seem too. But I will continue to keep my eyes open. Didn't realise it was a seasonal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

They used to sell it in O'Briens but haven't been in one for ages!

Advertisement