Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the christmas tree thread..

Options
  • 15-12-2009 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Best and cheapest [place to buy a Christymas tree...want to get rid of the false one this year..

Any recommendations for the best place to buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭simon333

My €45 tree last year cost €50 this year :o

It's nice to have a big real tree though. Got mine at the Parkway roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Is 50Eu not steep enough though?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Got one for 35 in curraghchase

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Lads out next to jetland dunnes 40 quid like every year lovely trees and bring your stand they will chainsaw the bottom to fit

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try the guys down in John's Square, no idea on what they charge these days though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

simon333 wrote: »
    My €45 tree last year cost €50 this year :o

It's nice to have a big real tree though. Got mine at the Parkway roundabout.

One tip for buying from any cash in hand Trader:

1. Decide a fair price that you think its reasonable and that you are willing to pay.

2. When he quotes you €50 or whatever - Politely decline and offer your price.

3. If he refuses then make it clear he will lose your custom to the next Guy unless he reconsiders.

4. Walk.

5. Same procedure at next location.....

6. If this yields no results you've failed to offer a reasonable price and should reassess realistically and return to step 1!!!

- I've never had one of these Guys refuse €30 for one of their crappy Trees - after pretending its an insult they'll happily pocket the cash at what is still a tidy profit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

One on SAIL down the river lol oh no that's already sailed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Really dont like that tree on the river.,.great idea just looks a bit crap.

Was hoping to pay 30/35 Eu.... some nice tree's at the Parkway roundabout alright so will try some haggling there..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

got a lovely little norwegian spruce for €12.50 today at homebase

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

I got a gorgeous tree in Atlantic Homecare for 21.95 euro last friday and it looks great!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement