Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Cork Airport to Macroom

Options
  • 15-12-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me an approximate price for a taxi from Cork Airport to Macroom with 3 people at around 6pm in the evening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Miaireland wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me an approximate price for a taxi from Cork Airport to Macroom with 3 people at around 6pm in the evening

If you call and book a taxi to pick you up then it will cost approx €55, that is what my wife paid 2 weeks ago.

However, if you get a cab from outside the airport I 'assume' that it would be considerably more seeing as it would be charged based on the clock.

I'd advise you to call a few companies and haggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,416 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its about 42.6 km from Cork Airport to Main Street in Macroom.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=FXksFwMdz3d-_ynH6ar1ro9ESDEhuie7p8cAJg%3BFSADGAMdXlB3_ylVKm1MTORESDHgnTGXqccACg&q=Cork+Airport,+ireland+to+macroom&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.059939,56.513672&ie=UTF8&ll=51.887511,-8.651733&spn=0.389899,0.883026&z=10&saddr=Cork+Airport,+ireland&daddr=macroom

If I'm correct, the fare is as follows.

Initial charge €4.10 = €4.10
    Next 14km @ €1.03 per km = €14.42
    Next 15km @ €1.35 per km = €20.25
    Next 12.6km @ €1.77 per km = €22.30
    Extra passengers €2.00
    Sub-total €63.07
    Booking fee €2.00
    Total €65.07
    ==========

Its worth your while shopping around and booking in advance. However, if you book, the booking fee applies and the meter starts at the time you agreed to meet. Consider phoning Macroom-based taxis also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Thanks guys. I really appreciate your help.

Oh, one thing, those prices are daytime prices. After 8pm and certain days at Christmas / New Years are more expensive. http://www.taxireg.ie/consumer/fare-information/national-maximum-taxi-fare.html

I live near kinsale and If you book a taxi to take you to the airport which is a journey of a little over 18 km it will cost you over 40 euro. Complete rip off. I would hate to think how much they will charge you to go to macroom. The excuse of the hackney company was that they have a set price list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Marcc wrote: »
    I live near kinsale and If you book a taxi to take you to the airport which is a journey of a little over 18 km it will cost you over 40 euro. Complete rip off. I would hate to think how much they will charge you to go to macroom.

Macroom is over double the distance and costs €55, your €40 IS a rip off like you say...shop around, you'll surely get a better deal than that!

Marcc wrote: »
    I live near kinsale and If you book a taxi to take you to the airport which is a journey of a little over 18 km it will cost you over 40 euro. Complete rip off. I would hate to think how much they will charge you to go to macroom. The excuse of the hackney company was that they have a set price list.
    Bus some Kinsale buses actually go via the airport.

Advertisement