Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pls Pls help with Ceiling, Christmas next Week!!!

Options
  • 15-12-2009 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi

I may have taken on a bit to much before christmas but here is my problem.

I went to paint my sittingroom ceiling, using crown ceiling paint, as I was rolling on the paint, the old stuff start bubbling and flaking off.

I had this problem in my boxroom, and will probably have it in all rooms, but I got a professional in the last time to fix the boxroom.

Can't afford professional this time as I lost my job.

So back to the job, Ive sanded down where the paint has come off and feathered around the edges. Ive purchased polybond universal and pink to white Dulux ceiling paint, as Im probably going o have to do it at night at this stage.

My question is what ratio of polybond to water should i use. Im planing on spraying it on the whole ceiling to seal the old paint to stop it coming off.

Also how long should I leave it dry before I can paint the ceiling.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,443 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Consider using a stiff brush to remove the loose material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I have Geochem PVA which I think is something similar.
    It says to use 1 part PVA to 5 parts water when using as a primer.

Advertisement