Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Dog, Bruckless/Dunkineely Area

Options
  • 15-12-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

My neighbours dog is missing. His name is Oscar and he has been missing since last Thursday... We've got 3 wee lads here who are missing him very much and are hoping that he'll return home for Christmas.

If anyone has seen him wandering about could you please pm me as soon as you can... Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Hi,

Have they done the usual like putting it on Highland Radio and checking with the dog pound in Glencar?

This is the 3rd ad I've seen for a missing pet in the surrounding area in a week. Sadly, 2 of these would 'appear' to have been stolen.

As a huge pet lover and owner of 4, I can't overemphasise the importance of microchipping, especially dogs. It is expensive, but well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ocean fm will help and also there are several animal charity missing pet pages online; google it?

Hope the wee dog gets home safely; we had ours go missing for 11 days once so there is always that hope.
    Hi,

Have they done the usual like putting it on Highland Radio and checking with the dog pound in Glencar?

This is the 3rd ad I've seen for a missing pet in the surrounding area in a week. Sadly, 2 of these would 'appear' to have been stolen.

As a huge pet lover and owner of 4, I can't overemphasise the importance of microchipping, especially dogs. It is expensive, but well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

We've put posters up everywhere, Ocean Fm were contacted.. I think there was an ad put into the Democrat aswell.... I just have a feeling that Oscar won't be coming home. If he's stuck somewhere he's hardly survived a week with the weather we've been having and especially last night with the snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

A reward is now being offered for Oscar's return... There should also be an ad in the Donegal Democrat today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Please don't give up yet. When our dog went missing, we heard some amazing stories.. maybe someone has taken him in? is he microchipped and has he a collar with phone number?

Ask google for "missing pets"... and call the local pounds and pet rescue people also.
    And the Gardai also

I was amazed at how many resources there are out there.

Many sites have space for photos etc.

Ours vanished in thunder while i was out, then just found her way home 11 days later.

They are great survivors.

Prayers here
    aoife2k wrote: »
    A reward is now being offered for Oscar's return... There should also be an ad in the Donegal Democrat today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Trouser_Press

***bump***

I can offer no help, unfortunately, just praying there's some good news.

Wish you the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭IsItJustMeOr...

Any news on Oscar?

Advertisement