Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ford Fiesta (2003) radio fitting

• 15-12-2009 3:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any hints for removing the centre plastic dash panel that the radio sits behind ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Which model radio is it, anything like this?

headunit2.jpg

If so you need these DIN removal keys.
    din_keys.jpg
    Step 1
    Insert release keys into holes on each side of radio (Red circles)

Step 2
    Apply pressure outwards on the keys whilst pulling them towards you.

Step 3
    Remove radio and disconnect aerial and ISO wiring plugs from back.

Step 4
    If fitting a new radio, ensure you when you buy the fascia you get a new runner for the back of the new radio. This runner keeps the radio level when fitted in the new fascia panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Its a Ford-branded radio-CD model "4500 RDS EON " which the radio has gone dodgy in, being replaced by an identical model. The dash panel has 3 rectangular holes that parts of the radio poke through, i.e. dash has 2 bars in front of the radio/CD unit. Therefore the dash panel needs to come off first; I don't know if it is indeed a separate panel, but I hope so.

[edit:]Its like this one:
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140362959401&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT

Hi, I just got this:
    you have to remove the main center panel, remove the 4 switched to the left and there are 2 screws, open glove box and are 1 or 2 there, 2 to bottom of panel going upwards( need stubby screwdriver) remove lower dash on drivers side,( 3 screws alone bottom, 2 inside cubby hole amd then clip in corner)this allows access to screws on side of the panel, then look for heater cables connection on right side of heater box( may need to remover panel to get good access, its only 2 screws) then the whole panel lifts off. radio is held in by 4 screws, and then it just pulls out.....

sounds complicated but if you look and take your time its simple enough, takes about 10 mins!

From here.

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Many thanks Hal1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hal1 wrote: »

headunit2.jpg

din_keys.jpg
    Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4
    If fitting a new radio, ensure you when you buy the fascia you get a new runner for the back of the new radio. This runner keeps the radio level when fitted in the new fascia panel.

That is the older model Fiesta though. I presume the OP has the newer model with the OEM stereo like this one:

media?id=9135238&width=400&height=300

• Advertisement

headunit2.jpg

din_keys.jpg
    Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Hi guys,

the other day my car door was slammed rather roughly and since then the bass end of sound is gone from my stereo. I've got the older style style radio above.
    I'm rather clueless with what might be the problem other than maybe a connection being bumped loose. Is it possible that it's something that simple? If so would you have any tips on going about repairing the problem DIY-style? (My car door broke off a hinge the other day so I can't really afford to drop this in anywhere since paying for the repair).
    Any help at all is much appreciated.

Hi guys,

the other day my car door was slammed rather roughly and since then the bass end of sound is gone from my stereo. I've got the older style style radio above.
    I'm rather clueless with what might be the problem other than maybe a connection being bumped loose. Is it possible that it's something that simple? If so would you have any tips on going about repairing the problem DIY-style? (My car door broke off a hinge the other day so I can't really afford to drop this in anywhere since paying for the repair).
    Any help at all is much appreciated.

Might be an idea to start with taking off the door card and checking and testing the connections on the speaker terminals. I can't imagine any perminent damage from closing a door with force.

Might be an idea to start with taking off the door card and checking and testing the connections on the speaker terminals. I can't imagine any perminent damage from closing a door with force.

Thanks for the reply Hal1, looks like most of my day off tomorrow is gonna be taken up with this, I just searched on removing the panel, it's gonna take a while by the sounds of it.
    Do you know is it a clip-on connection or is it a case of needing a bit of soldering skill?

Advertisement