Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N97 widgets stuck "loading content"

• 15-12-2009 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

Hi i am on 02. Firmware v10. I just tried installing the ovi store update got some error messages ovi store now doesnt work but worse the facebook acuweather widgets on the front screen now dont work and are stuck at "loading content". Any ideas? 02 dont have any firware updates yet and i want to avoid resetting the phone. I have removed the ovi store app altogether and tried rebooting the phone but no luck :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

DRice wrote: »
    Hi i am on 02. Firmware v10. I just tried installing the ovi store update got some error messages ovi store now doesnt work but worse the facebook acuweather widgets on the front screen now dont work and are stuck at "loading content". Any ideas? 02 dont have any firware updates yet and i want to avoid resetting the phone. I have removed the ovi store app altogether and tried rebooting the phone but no luck :(

Quick restart will sort it out and search google for ovi store app and then install the same version overwriting the previous one will sort out Ovi store problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

deep1 wrote: »
    Quick restart will sort it out and search google for ovi store app and then install the same version overwriting the previous one will sort out Ovi store problem.

i have tried restarting the phone loads of times but i will try one more time :mad:

Didnt work :mad:

thanks though deep.

Widgets still stuck "loading content" FYI i can use the bookmark widgets ok to open web browser etc its just the "interactive" ones that need to load content that are still trying to load the contect..

..........Anyone any other ideas?

Looking on the net its a master reset (must not be from back ups) and a format of the mass memory only that fixes this....this really really sucks...nokia i hate you. Any experiences of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

DRice wrote: »
    Looking on the net its a master reset (must not be from back ups) and a format of the mass memory only that fixes this....this really really sucks...nokia i hate you. Any experiences of this?

Yes, happened to me every now and again, got sick of it in the end and just removed both widgets.

After upgrading to 2.0 i enabled the widgets again and i have not come across the issue.

Sorry, i know the above is not very helpful :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement