Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye make up remover

• 15-12-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend me a good eye make up remover for sensitive eyes? Something that gets off mascara well without having to use too much force if possible, I've tried a few and they either sting or take a lot of effort to get my eye make up off. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

Have one from lancome, don't know the exact name of it but it's a blue liquid. It seems to do the job , it doesn't sting either :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

mc1990 wrote: »
    Have one from lancome, don't know the exact name of it but it's a blue liquid. It seems to do the job , it doesn't sting either :)

+1 for this, great stuff. I actually saw it in TK Maxx, Stephen's Green a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Twee. wrote: »
    +1 for this, great stuff. I actually saw it in TK Maxx, Stephen's Green a few weeks ago!

Is it something like Bi-facial?

I like the Clinque one in purple with the oil. Pricey but very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭mc1990

Yeah I think bi-facial is the name sounds familiar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Tawny

I found the clinique sensitive one v. good.

http://www.boots.com/en/Clinique-Naturally-Gentle-Eye-Make-Up-Remover-all-Skin-Types-75ml_5652/

Have you tried something simple like baby oil too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

simple eye make up remover or rimmel , they are both great, i have really sensitive eyes and have tried loads but these two are great and only a fiver

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof make-up remover. Lasts for ages, and is designed for sensitive eyes. It's great, and not too expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

leesmom wrote: »
    simple eye make up remover or rimmel , they are both great, i have really sensitive eyes and have tried loads but these two are great and only a fiver

+ one to that. The Simple cream one is lovely. I have super sensitive skin, any kind of contact turns my face into a tomato, but that stuff is so smooth and gentle.. not to mention relatively cheap in terms of beauty products!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Simple cleansing lotion is the one I use for all my makeup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I use a nivea one:
    453167_l.jpg

does the job for me, managed to remove the awful waterproof mascara i had on at the weekend that destroyed my eyelashes :) i have sensitive eyes and never had a problem with this one. it was also good for taking off fake eyelashes, they just wiped off :)

• Advertisement

sar84 wrote: »
    I use a nivea one:
    453167_l.jpg

Yep - this one is brill.

Just hold a soaked cotton pad onto your eyes for a few seconds and the make up will melt away.

Cheap as chips too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Pythia wrote: »

I've used both. That Clinique one stung the eyes outta me. Best make-up remover around, if you don't have weird sensitive eyes.
    Faith wrote: »
    The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof make-up remover. Lasts for ages, and is designed for sensitive eyes. It's great, and not too expensive.

I've also tried this but it does take a good bit of scrubbing.

Think I'll just go back to Johnson's & johnson's Baby Lotion. Smells lovely too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Totally in love with Ultra Bland by Lush - the stuff cuts through anything! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

another vote for Lancome Bi-Facil

419413_fpx.tif?bgc=255,255,255&wid=327&qlt=90,0&layer=comp&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.7,1.0,0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

Pythia wrote: »

Yeah that one is good. Has anyone ever tried johnsons baby oil? I find that's pretty good for gettin mascara off.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i would SWEAR by Coconut Oil- as found in health food stores/supermarkets.
    Its natural (solid at room temp) and wont sting your eyes. It can be expensive and comes in big tubs usually but you can use it as an all over body moisturiser (smells DIVINE)..... it will last for AGES! I have had mine almost 5months now!
    Just smear some on your finger tips and gently smear over eye area- Make up MELTS off! Voila! Brilliant and multifunctional!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

The best one I've used is Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free Make Up Remover (I think). I have really really sensitive eyes and this stuff is great, doesn't drag your skin at all either.

I've gotten it in my eye a few times too and it didn't hurt! Also takes off all mascara, never woken up with panda eyes since getting this. And they have it on 3 for 2 or 2 for €7.50 in boots all the time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Great, thanks everyone. Think I'll try fonpoko's suggestion out first seeing as it sounds good for us sensitive types :) and see how I get on but thanks a million for all the suggestions.
    fonpokno wrote: »
    The best one I've used is Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free Make Up Remover (I think). I have really really sensitive eyes and this stuff is great, doesn't drag your skin at all either.

I've gotten it in my eye a few times too and it didn't hurt! Also takes off all mascara, never woken up with panda eyes since getting this. And they have it on 3 for 2 or 2 for €7.50 in boots all the time. :)

Advertisement