Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piano beginner

• 15-12-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

hi
    I am thinking of trying to learn how to play the piano. Can anynone advise me if a keyboard would be suitable for a beginner as i dont really have the space at the moment for a piano. Also if suitable can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one.
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

You can certainly learn on the keyboard. You can learn to play a few songs etc but the thing about a piano/digital piano is they have weighted keys i.e. normal piano keys not light plastic keyboard ones. I'd say a keyboard would be grand for the first few months but a digital piano would be far better and its a lot more enjoable to play. Whats your budget?

For a cheap digital piano, this maybe http://www.thomann.de/ie/thomann_sp5100.htm I have heard no reviews nor played this so i can't say what quality it is.

If you have a bit more money to spend have a look at this http://www.thomann.de/ie/casio_px130_bk_privia.htm I've heard very good reviews about this and you won't find better in the price range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'm in the same boat

wanna get Piano lessons, but practice in my own time on Keyboard

How would the Piano pedals cross over to keyboard, or is it necessary???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭TheBandit

I would say depending on your level they are not necessary. The sustain pedal is the most fun to use and the one that is probably used most. If i had the option i'd get one because it adds a lot to the sound on particular songs, a sort of airy, distant sound. Depending on your keyboard you may be able to get one, whats the model? I only have a sustain pedal on my digital piano and i have no plan to get any more pedals for the moment

Advertisement