Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Advertising or Not!

Options
  • 15-12-2009 4:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just joined the forum and I want to know when is letting people know about possible bargains abusing the forum. For instance see a post from somebody who said they got something from www. ?????? and this is a link. So is this advertising in this forum or is letting people know where the bargain is by showing the link OK. Would'nt like to get banned! Know what I mean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Have you read the charter??

I wouldnt regard providing a link as advertising!!i regard it as informative and helpful..Feeling this thread may get locked as this aint a bargain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

I'm not a mod and I don't know exactly how they go about enforcing the rules but:

Its fine(and handy) to link to the place the bargain is.

As long as you don't have a vested interest in the sales of anything you are linking, its perfectly fine, and I am sure your contribution will be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Spot on Truckle.

Bargain Alerts is for letting people know about various good deals you find.. it's not the place for advertising or commercial interaction.

If you wish to advertise, please click here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement