Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Best Cards by Price:Performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

Overheal wrote: »
    Gizmodo slapped this list together which pegs the best cards in each weight cla$$ by performance:

http://gizmodo.com/5422706/the-graphics-cards-you-should-buy-at-every-price

Now some of the higher classes dont factor in the cost of other hardware such as high end PSUs or anything, bear that in mind.

Unfortunately thats from tomshardware.com who favour nvidia heavily, even though ATI are generally the best value cards out now by a mile..

50 euros - get an ATI 4670

75 euros - as below

100 euros - get an ATI 4770 or 4850

125 euros - ATI 4870

150 euros - ATI 4890

The notable exception is that the GTS 250 is dropping in price fast and also the 8800GT is always a great buy second hand

I generally favour nVIdia, but they've been rebranding for too long now and ATI have them whupped in every price category. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best card by far for the money is the 5750....the performance for the money is UBER GOOD.....also if you game at a lowish res. the 5850 is on par with big bro the 5870.

I had a ATi 4350 for a month while waiting for my 5970 and its a great card for the money....I could play TF2 and L4D2 comfortably with a decent res. I paid 50 dollars for it in Orlando : Best Buy but they are just as cheap over here.

Advertisement