Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HMV delivery times ?

• 15-12-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

just ordered two blue rays from amazon and found them cheaper from hmv
    i can pay like £5 for standard delivery or £50 for courier international.

How long does the standard delivery take ? doesnt appear to mention it atall on the hmv website.

amazon had delivery date at 23/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

My last order from HMV, I ordered on the 6th and it arrived yesterday - so just over a week. My last Amazon order, ordered on a Monday, shipped on the Wednesday and arrived on the Friday.

I think Amazon is generally faster, and this close to Christmas it might be better to go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

hmm - its about £10 more expensive in amazon.
    *ponders*

they say that tomorrow is the last day to order before xmas... but it doesnt say whether that is just for uk mainland or europe.

ah well.. asked the sister and i dont think she would forgive me if i didnt have her pressie for xmas.
    hmv lost a sale so.

Thanks robert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just to note -HMV send from jersey so you are liable for VAT over €22 including the postage, and liable for duty over €150.

If you bought a pencil for 10p and paid courier charges of £50 you are liable to pay VAT.

Advertisement