Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RC Airplane help!

Options
  • 15-12-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey, for christmas i got my dad an rc airplane. He used to do it when he was younger. And is always talking about getting back into it. I bought it without servos or a receiver. I want to give it to him fly ready. I was wondering would anyone be able to tell me where i could buy these things. Beginner entry as i'm already on a very tight budget. And how i would set it up. Or where i can be told how to set it up. Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Are Owens in Bray still going?

Radio and servos will not be cheap. Setting it all up isn't that easy either, unless you have bought an ARTF or RTF kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

Yeah i believe it is an rtc model. And its already prebuilt
    Picture_s_from_phone_sony_ericsson_8_aug_2009_098.jpg

So most of the work has been done, all i essentially have to do i believe is attach the servos.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Are Owens in Bray still going?

He retired a couple of years ago.
    Try www.greenhobbymodel.com in Harolds Cross

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭markwho

Cool. And what exactly am i looking to buy. Is there a beginners set i can get that just comes with the control, the 2 servos and the reciever all in 1 box?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

You're looking for a 35mhz FM or 2.4GHhz 4 or 6 channel RC set. Hobby shops will know what you need, but it's a good idea to bring the model or book from the model so the correct size servos (to suit your model) are provided.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

A spectrum DX6i i think is a good one to get, they are the 2.4ghz radios, its the way forward i think,

• Registered Users Posts: 24,494 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

robbie7730 wrote: »
    A spectrum DX6i i think is a good one to get, they are the 2.4ghz radios, its the way forward i think,

bit late for christmas now lol :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

bit late for christmas now lol :p

theres always next christmas haha

Advertisement