Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA and Avatar. A match made in heaven?

• 15-12-2009 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

This is really a dreamers thread but having seen avatar i got to thinking how the technology could be used to make a great GTA movie.
    OMG performance capture of our hero walking behing him and actually feeling like your doing a drug deal with him. AVatar graphics are amazing just using that and fusing it with Tony Cipriani driving a stallion round the streets of LC wouldbe off the hook...
    What do u guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

I got a headache reading that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

or else you could film it normally and instead of spending 99% of the film budget on visuals dedicate some money to a good script and other necessary components to make a good movie.

Thing is theyll never make a GTA movie. GTA (imo) is based on all the good gangster movies that exist, thats what makes it fun. A GTA movie would just be another gangster movie. The flare that makes the game so could isnt possible in a film. Games never transfer well into movies and vice versa. Thats my 2 cents anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Why bother wasting money on visual effects if you're not going to do something that isn't already possible using real life settings?

Avatar > set on a distant planet, full of gigantic flora and fauna, and massive blue people.
    GTA > set in New York...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

tman wrote: »
    Why bother wasting money on visual effects if you're not going to do something that isn't already possible using real life settings?

Avatar > set on a distant planet, full of gigantic flora and fauna, and massive blue people.
    GTA > set in New York...

I think it'd be amazing. When you buy a hotdog, the mustard would look really.... yellow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It would have to be done something like that, I get the feeling it just wouldn't work in a live action setting, it's just to far fetched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

they should make a gta movie in they style of gta 1 and 2... :D

Advertisement