Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Hard Drive

• 15-12-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking for the best place and price to buy an official xbox 360 hdd, preferably 120/250GB in size. I heard sometimes the third party ones don't work/get rejected by the console/live?

Even though they are considerably cheaper I wouldn't like to take the risk.

Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blood Fart

never heard of the word plaec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Blood Fart wrote: »
    never heard of the word plaec

This is the most helpful post I've read today. Whole community like to thank you for your help.

OP: I'm not sure what would be the best/cheapest place to get hdd, but just few local: Harvey Normans (heard that they some discounts on accessories), GameStop, Game, HMV, Ebay.

As for third party hdds, I wouldn't worry about them. They all work fine, it was 3rd party memory cards that Microsoft was after, not hdds. If you are kind of computer person you could try to do it yourself, easy-peasy. Just pick up cheap xbox360 20gb on ebay or adverts, get 250gb or bigger Western Digital drive and flash it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Blood Fart

docentore wrote: »
    This is the most helpful post I've read today. Whole community like to thank you for your help.

dont forget to give me a thanks if you found my post helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

troll-web.jpg

I'm actually looking to pick one up myself OP but haven't had a lot of time to research it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Thanks for the replies asmodean and doncentore.

What about something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160387271442&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But thinking of buying a 2nd hand 120GB for the same price just to be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

it doesn't say anywhere genuine so I would say they are home made. But as mentioned before you should be 99% ok, I don't think ms is going to go after those hdd's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Avoid Hong Kong hard drives on Ebay, ask for a picture of the elite console the hard drive came from. I picked up my own genuine 120GB HDD from ebay for €70

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Grand, just got an official one for €60 off ebay (120GB)..need a transfer kit though.

Advertisement