Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Theft Auto

• 15-12-2009 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

What did people think of GTA4 and what is your wish list for inclusion in the new GTA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

jamser89 wrote: »
    What did people think of GTA4 and what is your wish list for inclusion in the new GTA!

It lost its fun. Took itself way too serious. Got bored and didn't even make it to the third island. Think I will bypass the next GTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

sarumite wrote: »
    It lost its fun. Took itself way too serious. Got bored and didn't even make it to the third island. Think I will bypass the next GTA.

Me too.

Thought it was overlong, over rated and over boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭jamser89

Vice City still the highlight of the series imo. Hope they concentrate on making the next game more fun. too much emphasis on realism in gta4. and that serb accent!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PisteHoff

jamser89 wrote: »
    Vice City still the highlight of the series imo. Hope they concentrate on making the next game more fun. too much emphasis on realism in gta4. and that serb accent!:mad:

What is wrong with a serb accent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭jamser89

Just found the whole serbian immigrant storyline to be quite boring and don't think I'm the only one who found the accent to be annoying?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Zarbon

GTA4 was great overall. Not my favourite of the series but a solid 9/10 game. San Andreas went WAAAAY overboard so some people expected more insanity rather than the reality they got, but that was SA's mistake.

Boring? Nah...you must be watching far too many brainless Michael Bay flicks. NEED EXPLOSIONS ALL DA TIMEZ!!!!!11 Funny how some people only want americans as the main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Zarbon wrote: »
    GTA4 was great overall. Not my favourite of the series but a solid 9/10 game. San Andreas went WAAAAY overboard so some people expected more insanity rather than the reality they got, but that was SA's mistake.

Boring? Nah...you must be watching far too many brainless Michael Bay flicks. NEED EXPLOSIONS ALL DA TIMEZ!!!!!11 Funny how some people only want americans as the main character.

The mechanics were far improved in GTA4, the graphics were improved....everything was improved but I think it lost its soul a bit. I have played every GTA game except the ones on the PSP/DS and this was the first time I was not bothered with exploration....and the whole "Nico, how about a [boring] game of darts with your [boring] cousin Roman" thing was a pain.

You can hardly argue that people didn't like it because they don't like it lackz the Micha3l Bay experience and we needz explosions" bull**** since people are comparing GTA4 to previous GTA games, all which lacked the da michael bay experience as well!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think red dead redemption is gonna pretty much be a GTA set in the wild west so that should be pretty cool.

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/red_dead_redemption_preview_feature.html#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

IT TOOK AWAY ALL THE MAD STUFF THAT MADE THE OLD ONES FUN RC PLANES PARCHUTING MONSTER TRUCKS ETC ETC GOT TO SERIOUS AND THE MUSIC SUCKED TOO ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD THE THE ONLINE PLAY IS GREAT CAUSE THE STORY DEPRESSED ME

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the previous games. It took a lot of effort to get running on the computer, and IMO it wasn't worth it.

Now VC and SA were great! Can't decide which one I like better! Probably VC because of the atmosphere and the sheer fun of the game. But I really liked the freedom you got in SA - you could travel for miles and do nearly everything you wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

they promised that you would have to make decisions that would completely change the aspect of the game. That was an out and out lie. It gave you a choice to kill one or another annoying character. That was it.

Every mission was add rinse repeat. I also felt that nico was just a hired goon and had no soul whatsoever.

If they took a leaf out of the fallout book and made it a truly free experience and you could kill who you want and depending what path you take, different missions would open for you, so each game would be a new experience.

Basically show the ambition they originally promised us instead of a watered down gta 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

I've said this before and i'll say it again, BRING THE 8O's BACK !.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

totally agree it was,nt as good as any of the others and you could,nt do what ya wanted like for instants hook up a trailer to a truck and rampage across the city with it blowing cars out of the way they need to really come up with something good and another thing not to be giving exclusivity to just the xbox on everything new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    IT TOOK AWAY ALL THE MAD STUFF THAT MADE THE OLD ONES FUN RC PLANES PARCHUTING MONSTER TRUCKS ETC ETC GOT TO SERIOUS AND THE MUSIC SUCKED TOO ALL I CAN SAY IS THANK GOD THE THE ONLINE PLAY IS GREAT CAUSE THE STORY DEPRESSED ME

jaysus ya went a bit mad with caplock there!:P I agree though, monster trucks were savage!

I thought Gta4 was good, not the best in series but was still good.

I hope the next one is back in San Andreas tbh, San Andreas was the best one imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Hey,

Totally off the point but my younger bro wants to get this game on x box but I think its 18s?? Is it one of those games that is suitable for under 18s? He is 14 and has a few 18s games already that seem fine but just want to check before I but it for him! thanks :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Legally, absolutely not.

Morally, not really. GTA isn't in the same league as other 18 games. Most games get that rating for violence and blood, however I imagine your brother (like mine - similar age) aren't too pushed by a bit of Halo or Killzone style blood and guts. Having said that, GTA does have drugs, prostitutes and general crime - and that's how you play the game. You can go wild and turn it into a mindless experience but the game itself is a "cime sim". Most 14 year olds in this day and age would be fine but really it's going to be something only the family can decide if they're able for it. Some 14 year olds might take it to heart... At least in Halo, no one looks real. GTA renders an actual living, breathing city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

Legally, absolutely not.

Morally, not really. GTA isn't in the same league as other 18 games. Most games get that rating for violence and blood, however I imagine your brother (like mine - similar age) aren't too pushed by a bit of Halo or Killzone style blood and guts. Having said that, GTA does have drugs, prostitutes and general crime - and that's how you play the game. You can go wild and turn it into a mindless experience but the game itself is a "cime sim". Most 14 year olds in this day and age would be fine but really it's going to be something only the family can decide if they're able for it. Some 14 year olds might take it to heart... At least in Halo, no one looks real. GTA renders an actual living, breathing city.

Thanks a mill for your reply.
    Really wasnt sure about it because he has a lot of games with blood and guts etc, think he has Halo ODST so from that side he would probably have been grand, but from the sounds of this game and hearing that there are drugs and prostitutes in it Ill be getting him to hold off for a few years!

Thanks again!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

I think the fact that it was set in 2008/2009 slightly hindered the enjoyment of the game for me.
    Early 90's LA and 80's Miami gave Vice City and San Andreas a soul and depth. Setting a game in 2008 didn't provide any sentimentality for me so I think the next game needs to be set in a past decade or era to really get the ole imagination and nostalgia going.

And that's why a lot of the music sucked! Because it was largely modern music.

All in all, GTA4 was a slick game; very enjoyable and very involving. Perhaps took itself a bit too seriously but not as much as MW2, a game which provides literally zero funny moments for the player.

SA is my favourite out of all the GTAs.

Advertisement