Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options
  • 15-12-2009 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit surprised at this as I thought they were certs for Slane, Anyway looking forward to seeing them live again.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Same since it was said on the colum and jim jim show a few months ago. Thats them out of the running for Oxegen. Def gonna get tickets for this

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Whos for slane then?

Hmmm.........

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Il be in Belfast watchin Pearl Jam that nite,pity coz Green Day are very entertaining live.
    I thought they were confirmed for Slane too,it does pose the Q as to who will play Slane,maybe U2 supported by Pearl Jam??........ah if only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Waiting for the Leaving Cert timetables to come out and hoping that my leaving is over before that gig :mad: Saw them in the 02 and it was amazing awww man I just hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Awesome, tickets on sale 7 days before Christmas, just headin off to the jacks to shit some more cash out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

Maybe there'll be no slane next year.

Although ACDC have 9 new european dates announced for next may and june!

Could this finally be the year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

emtroche wrote: »

Dont tease me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Mr.S wrote: »
    Im guessing Pearl Jam.

If Pearl Jam are playing The O2 in June, I don't think they'd do another Irish show soon after that one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I would love if ACDC,U2 or Pearl Jam or even 2 out of the 3 would play i would love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Any idea's on who might support Green Day at Marlay Park? Realy looking forward to this one, I reckon Marlay might be better for Green Day then Slane, atmosphere-wise. Pity its on the 23rd, I already have a ticket for Wembley on the 19th but sure I can go to both :)

AC/DC for Slane me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

rednik wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised at this as I thought they were certs for Slane, Anyway looking forward to seeing them live again.

They wouldnt sell out the 80,000 tickets for slane, they prob would have in 2005.
    emtroche wrote: »

You could be on to something there! I hope you are, couldnt get tickets to the O2, gig. The Marlay park gig was the best gig I was ever at! such a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Any idea's on who might support Green Day at Marlay Park? Realy looking forward to this one, I reckon Marlay might be better for Green Day then Slane, atmosphere-wise. Pity its on the 23rd, I already have a ticket for Wembley on the 19th but sure I can go to both :)

AC/DC for Slane me thinks.

Double header with Metallica, maybe??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Rammstein have been talking about playing in Ireland next year. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Going to this! Should be am awesome gig :D
    Doing Manchester/wembley/Dublin and Paris within ten days ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

going to the manchester gig so think ill give this one a miss, cash bit tight at the moment :D

amazing live though, the o2gig was prob one of the best gigs ive been to, in terms of crowd interaction etc

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

just ordered my tickets there. woo:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Going to get tickets for this really soon. Seen them in the o2 and was the best night of my life :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just ordered mine there aswell.O2 gig was amazing.Gonna be a long wait till June though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Me too! :eek: :)

Going to this! Should be am awesome gig :D

I thought I was hardcore doin Wembley and Dublin in 4 days but that is hardcore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I thought I was hardcore doin Wembley and Dublin in 4 days but that is hardcore
    haha :D
    there's people on greendaycommunity.org who are doing more then me....and who did like all the uk/ireland dates in october.

i might do more....got 2 tickets for wembley/manchester, and my dublin, paid for...So we'll see :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I would love to do Germany as well, because I've never been there and I'd love to go...what better reason than to see Green Day? :P

But it's just so expensive, I am totally broke from the 4 shows I've bought tickets for already. :rolleyes:

Who do ye reckon will support? I'm thinking My Chemical Romance could be a possibility if the tickets don't sell out soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Who do ye reckon will support? I'm thinking My Chemical Romance could be a possibility if the tickets don't sell out soon

Can Marley Park sell out though? I don`t think thy need to anyway.

Well of course it can sell out, maybe they can open it up more and more or something I dunno. I'm thinking that they might have the same support for the manchester, london and paris dates as they do for dublin, so that could mean there would be a good support.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Green Day
    The Offspring
    couldnt care who else that would be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Are the offspring supporting?

They've not been announced, but that would be seriously great. Never though of the offspring as a possibility before

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

If the offspring are there too im gonna be standing at the gate 3 days beforehand.Favourite band ever :D (they made me a music fan)
    Seen them when they played the point......6 years ago now....christ im gettin old

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

doubt the Offspring would support, maybe a double headliner? But they can probably sell out Marley Park handy enough with a rubbish support. Was the Offspring point gig really 6 years ago???! Argh, now that's scary.
    First proper gig I ever went to was the Offspring in the SFX, ah good times.
    Green Day are good live but they do seem to do a very similiar show each time so wouldn't be pushed on seeing em again.

Advertisement