Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pinhead1992

It was a brilliant gig! Best gig ive ever been to so far. I thought they were good in the O2 but they were sublime at Marlay Park. I was nowhere near the front but the atmosphere was electric the whole night, everybody was hugging each other and jumping and moshing and having great craic there waere no drunken idiots trying to spoil it all, they were the ones partying biggrin.gif
    One of the best moments for me was during "Wake Me Up When September Ends" when the heavens opened up on cue wan everybody where i was just relished the refreshing rain, espectialy me as i had been wearing a bath robe all day and it was quite hot!

Would anyone happen to have any pitcures/videos of me in my bath robe? I never brought my camera into the crowd and i want something to really remember this amazing gig by.
    Here one earlier in the day before the concert. As i said to most people, if your gonna enjoy something, do it in comfort.
    36707_1498669504030_1152902756_1413926_7876227_n.jpg

Also, whats the story on an audio recording of this excelent gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

It was a brilliant gig! Best gig ive ever been to so far. I thought they were good in the O2 but they were sublime at Marlay Park. I was nowhere near the front but the atmosphere was electric the whole night, everybody was hugging each other and jumping and moshing and having great craic there waere no drunken idiots trying to spoil it all, they were the ones partying biggrin.gif
    One of the best moments for me was during "Wake Me Up When September Ends" when the heavens opened up on cue wan everybody where i was just relished the refreshing rain, espectialy me as i had been wearing a bath robe all day and it was quite hot!

Would anyone happen to have any pitcures/videos of me in my bath robe? I never brought my camera into the crowd and i want something to really remember this amazing gig by.
    Here one earlier in the day before the concert. As i said to most people, if your gonna enjoy something, do it in comfort.
    36707_1498669504030_1152902756_1413926_7876227_n.jpg

Haha I was right beside you for a while, dunno how you were wearing that in the heat that was there!!

Duff wrote: »
    Haha I was right beside you for a while, dunno how you were wearing that in the heat that was there!!
    Lol it wasnt too bad but i swear that the second that Green Day came on all my energy was just zapped from me! I was just ruined for the first few songs til i took my shirt off lol. But i tell you one thing, ive never welcomed rain as much as the rain that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lmao thats brilliant, had you the pipe and slippers to match the dressing gown? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Is this true?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

There was talk of it on here before the gig too. During Paramore though were they light meters on the sides of the stage?

Just rumours or was their any official suggestions from the band/venue managers/mcd.ie?

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Yeah, seen some assholes try and pull one of another girl also.

The girl beside me was so lucky bless her, the stick just landed right on her shoulder .. she was SOOOO happy :p

Not sure if outside the pit was great or not, but inside it was perfect.

Thought it was cool the way they tried to get more people into the pit, say the staff must have got pissed off .. health and saftey and all that ;)

yeah i got battered accorss the face with one but one landed in my hand then :) got offered 50 quid for it then! said no

Did not know there was fireworks behind the stage though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

danniemcq wrote: »
    Did not know there was fireworks behind the stage though
    You probably had concussion!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You probably had concussion!

yeah thats it i just thought i was seeing stars (apart from the band of course!)

Can i just say though that anyone that is crowdsurfing* can they please take their fecking bags of their back? You don't need massive bags at gigs. hoody round your waist, wallet, phone and camera are all you really need for a one day event. Also lay down on your back or front not sit up. and i know its hard but try and go head first. Also judge the crowd and aim for somewhere where (not being sexist) there are more guys than girls as they are able to lift them better so they don't fall. And don't crowdsurf if there is a pit in front of you. thats just bad planning!

*crowdsurfing should only be done if you need to get out of crowds if you are unable to make it out any other way. Only reason i ever done it........

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Lmao thats brilliant, had you the pipe and slippers to match the dressing gown? :D
    Haha i almost did wear my slippers but it would be hard to walk for long distances in em!
    422nd wrote: »
    Is this true?!
    Well i mean more of a bootleg than an official recording but either would be nice :D

Well i mean more of a bootleg than an official recording but either would be nice :D

Would be fucking fantastic is what it'd be.

Yeah if i got a hold of a good bootleg i would possibly start collecting footage where i can and make a Fan-Footage DVD since i have a good load of free time over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Can anyone tell me what the name of the song is they play over the speakers before they play Song of The Century?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

Can anyone tell me what the name of the song is they play over the speakers before they play Song of The Century?

i wasnt at the marley park gig, but i went to manchester the week before, and if its the same as what we got, then you had Rock and Roll Radio by the Ramones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJizV-d3sEQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Yeah thats the one, they play it before every gig, really like the song, but only ever heard it before a Green Day show tbh, cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

no prob, youtube is great aint it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DisappearingBoy

dougs09 wrote: »
    no prob, youtube is great aint it :D

The Ramones are great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

I got lucky and landed myself on the MCD guestlist for this one. Didnt try to ruch in from work because I had passed the Park earlier that day and people were already queing. I had settled on being a fair distance back, but when I collected the tickets, I got cheeky and asked for some pit bands. To my great pleasure she handed over 3 without blinking an eyelid!

Got right up to within 10 rows of the stage I'd say. I've been to a few gigs in the Park over the last 5 years or so, but I think this was the best one for a while.

Nice to see Green Day put on a show too (who'd have thought they'd last for 3 hours!)

Missed Joan Jett, but caught Paramore. Good performance, but I'm not sure I like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just wondering did anyone happen to get a video of what was probably the worst stage dive in history at the end of Longview?

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just wondering did anyone happen to get a video of what was probably the worst stage dive in history at the end of Longview?

I have a photo that seems to show him kneeing someone in the face no video though I’ll try and upload a few of my pics later on this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ha he just belly flopped in, i know nerves and that but the crowd (almost always) catches you

allanb49 wrote: »
    Ha he just belly flopped in, i know nerves and that but the crowd (almost always) catches you

Didn't look that much like a belly flop to me, seemed to be more like a fighting move from Ong Bak or something. (the second one where he does the flying knees kick through the fire!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

i was miles back, so it looked like a stumble into a fall into a flop, pretty much it was sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

allanb49 wrote: »
    i was miles back, so it looked like a stumble into a fall into a flop, pretty much it was sh1t

I was up in the pit beside it, looks like he was about to jump, nerves got a hold of him and he sorta just fell into the crowd.

Loved the little laughing fit Billie Joe had after it though, even he said it was awful!:pac:

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has a pictures of the kid that was up on stage at the beginning? He's my nephew and it absolutely made his day. He's only 11 and he's been a huge fan for years. He'd really be chuffed if he had a picture of it. A pint of thanks for anybody that can help out.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    hairyface wrote: »
    alright man you dont happen to have the clip of my son with the water hose on stage do you because i cant find it any where and no one beleives he was on stage with green day

WeeLadSpraying.jpg

WeeLadSpraying2.jpg

WeeLadSpraying3.jpg

HandsUp.jpg

HoldingtheMic.jpg

InBra.jpg

ondrums.jpg

OnKnees.jpg

TerribleJump.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

danniemcq wrote: »
    WeeLadSpraying.jpg

WeeLadSpraying2.jpg

WeeLadSpraying3.jpg

HandsUp.jpg

HoldingtheMic.jpg

InBra.jpg

ondrums.jpg

OnKnees.jpg

TerribleJump.jpg

Thanks for that, some really great pics there. He made it further than I thought he did. From where I was it didn't look like he made it past the security and they had to push him into the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Marlay Park has to be tied with Mainz as one of the best shows I have ever been to in my entire life. First of all, we all got to watch the soundcheck the day before and heard them play Stuck With Me and that infamous "new" song. Billie Joe spotted us all standing by the fence, said hi, thanked us for coming out and said that they were there to entertain us. They sent their photographer down to see who was watching and he started taking random photos of us. After they had walked off the stage, one of their roadies, Brian, came down with a handful of Tre's used drumsticks and we all got one. I couldn't believe it, I felt so ****ing lucky to be there.

For the show, we all got early entry from a competition on the Idiot Club so we were at the barrier right in the very corner of the catwalk. (best spot I think) We were right in front of Billie Joe and Mike and got so much love from them all night. Billie Joe kept grinning at us during Burnout and Geek Stink Breath because we actually knew the words. I held up my Tight Wad Hill sign several times during the "old skool" moments and Mike merely looked at it and burst out laughing as if to say "Ehhh...are you actually serious?"

I know both people who got pulled up for Longview, they were right beside us. So, so happy that they got picked, it meant the absolute world to them to get up on that stage.

I thought it was so much better than the O2 show, the setlist was better and there seemed to be so much more banter and they seemed to be in a great mood. (and we got a red shirt...no other city got that ;) )

But the crowd around where we were was useless, the people behind us kept shouting out such stupid things to the roadies all evening in between the support bands. And they wouldn't stop screaming "Basket Case! Basket Case!" during GD's set until they played it.

Here's some of my photos. The rest are on my facebook

a%3E
    34224_453652757288_682697288_5986425_5919118_n.jpg

34224_453652777288_682697288_5986429_6031042_n.jpg

26670_453653177288_682697288_5986453_1914953_n.jpg

36376_453653357288_682697288_5986460_6624254_n.jpg

26670_453653102288_682697288_5986438_3283549_n.jpg

26670_453653122288_682697288_5986442_1047981_n.jpg

26670_453653137288_682697288_5986445_2743407_n.jpg

26670_453653157288_682697288_5986449_21306_n.jpg

26670_453653172288_682697288_5986452_6096025_n.jpg

36376_453653362288_682697288_5986461_5379516_n.jpg

Jesus man any closer and you'd have been backstage! excellent photos though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

We strived to get that spot at all of the shows we went to. It really is a brilliant place to be, I think.

Thank you! :)

Advertisement