Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

dearg lady wrote: »
    doubt the Offspring would support, maybe a double headliner? But they can probably sell out Marley Park handy enough with a rubbish support. Was the Offspring point gig really 6 years ago???! Argh, now that's scary.
    First proper gig I ever went to was the Offspring in the SFX, ah good times.
    Green Day are good live but they do seem to do a very similiar show each time so wouldn't be pushed on seeing em again.
    If the offspring are there too im gonna be standing at the gate 3 days beforehand.Favourite band ever :D (they made me a music fan)
    Seen them when they played the point......6 years ago now....christ im gettin old

Ah that was a good gig why do they over look Ireland all the time though? It was just a thought on my behalf would be a great gig, i'd say we'll either get two other "big bands" or a plethora of smaller punk bands mini festival, Flogging Molly or DKM could be a plan,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

Well of course it can sell out, maybe they can open it up more and more or something I dunno.

Green Day's fan base in Ireland isn't that huge.

I can't see this selling out until much closer to June.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

hey hey.. was at the o2 in october best night of my life by a long mile.
    those who say they wont sell out sold out the o2 in 3 weeks..

nd oh the big news. very very strong rumours that blink 182, mcr in support of new album nd primma donna gonna be support for the summer tour.. eeeep:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Just got tickets today! Delighted.. Although the Gates open as my last Leaving Cert exam finishes lol . oh well! Anyone know when we will find out for definite who is supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

whose the support for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Paramore have been announced as special guests.

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7717729&ar=paramore&cat=all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

JJ wrote: »
    Paramore have been announced as special guests.

http://mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7717729&ar=paramore&cat=all

no point in me going now then

Still hope for some good to come up for this, come on Flogging Molly or Dropkicks

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Dropkicks just have a new album out..... now that would be sweet!

Never say never, could be a mini festival, what time does it say doors are at

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

allanb49 wrote: »
    Never say never, could be a mini festival, what time does it say doors are at

4.30 i believe.

So still room for at least 1/2 more bands.

They could always change the opening time though.....they're playing Wembley Stadium a couple of days earlier...with a 4.30 opening...means they can only fit in two support bands at that gig...(as its wembley, band changeover takes a while)...which seems a bit silly as standard for wembley is 3.

So here's hoping they add another hour or two to the gig :)

could be a local band but usually with the marlay gigs first one 6 then 7 main act 8.30-9

could be a local band but usually with the marlay gigs first one 6 then 7 main act 8.30-9

Opening at 4.30 but first act 6?

I'd say Green Day will be aiming for a 8 pm start time if possible for all these outdoor shows.

im going on the metallica gigs in there and in the rds, hell in 04 the metallica doors opened at 2 and first band wasnt on till 5 or after

im going on the metallica gigs in there and in the rds, hell in 04 the metallica doors opened at 2 and first band wasnt on till 5 or after

The 2009 Marlay Park Metallica stage times were:
    Stage times:
    Mastodon 3pm
    Thin Lizzy 4.15pm.
    Alice in Chains 5.45 pm.
    Avenged Sevenfold 7.15 pm
    Metallica 8.45pm.

Going on this...
    Doors open 4.30
    First support 5.45pm
    Paramore 7.15pm
    Green Day 8.45pm

But i think green day'd be on a bit earlier...and first band would be as soon as possible after doors opening?

Thin Lizzy didnt play though so it was Glyder who got the early slot and where given about 30 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

how early should i get to the park if i want to get up front?
    do you have to get a pit pass wristband thing to get in the pit (up front):confused:
    im really confused! cant wait though!:D
    also is there anywhere to park at the venue?

Marlay usually has the enter exit pit last year they had wrist bands for the pit so say if gates open at 3 be up there for 1, my plan for marlay gigs is burger king in nutgrove and then walk up to marlay, its a fun day out :D

Marlay usually has the enter exit pit last year they had wrist bands for the pit so say if gates open at 3 be up there for 1, my plan for marlay gigs is burger king in nutgrove and then walk up to marlay, its a fun day out :D

ok so the this gig starts at 6.30pm doesn't it?? so if i queue around 3.00-3.30pm would i be likely to get a pass?

jesus 6.30 i remember back in the day gigs starting at 3 or 4, ah well at least i know ill be home from work on time:D ah 3 should be fine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm just going to queue in the early morning to be 100% that I get a pass :D Was late for them in the o2 but was lucky enough to get a pass off a nice manager type-person.

I'm just going to queue in the early morning to be 100% that I get a pass :D Was late for them in the o2 but was lucky enough to get a pass off a nice manager type-person.

im confused cause i was at the 02 gig aswell (Green Day) and i didnt get a pit pass thing but i was in the pit area...they just made sure we had our wristbands on (the ones everyone gets at entrance) so what does the pit pass generally look like?

Those wristbands you had on were the pit passes :P They give them out to the first x amount of people so that's whey everyone around you was getting them. It's just a wristband, not like an actual pass you would have around your neck.

Those wristbands you had on were the pit passes :P They give them out to the first x amount of people so that's whey everyone around you was getting them. It's just a wristband, not like an actual pass you would have around your neck.

no but we arrived at the queue about an hour before the doors opened!,.....and before we entered the queue they put wristbands on us...maybe they were i dunno!! im just confused but anyways im just gonna arrive at Marlay at about 3.00pm or so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 boardmonkey

Hiya Im planning on taking my daughter along as a birthday present but im wondering is there an age limit on who gets admitted to d shows??

Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Opening at 4.30 but first act 6?

I'd say Green Day will be aiming for a 8 pm start time if possible for all these outdoor shows.

Yeah, I'm 98% sure GD will be taking the stage at eight, their set is nearly three hours long and Marlay has a curfew of 11(I assume?)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know what the deal is with wheelchair access??

Bought my daughter tickets for her birthday back in December and this week shes just had an op on her hip.Shes going to be wheelchair bound for 6 weeks but probably wont be able to stand for that length of time for Greenday even if she is out of the wheelchair.

Do I have to notify the promoters to get special wheelchair access??Or do I have to change the tickets to wheelchair tickets?

Thanks
    Richie.

depending on how much they change there outdoor to indoor shows 8-8.20 seems like a good time, once you hear the YMCA & the pink bunny you know it'll be getting close

4040485705_1850a859ef.jpg

• Advertisement

hey hellrazer, from what i can remember they tend to have a area for people in wheel chairs, if you try contacting mcd via there site www.mcd.ie think they should be able to accomadate

Advertisement