Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Does anyone know how many tickets have been sold for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Joan Jett just announced as another support for the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bassgirl23

hey just wonderin if id is needed to prove your over 16 at the gate because i m a month too young and i love green day and paramore and i missed them earlier in the year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

bassgirl23 wrote: »
    hey just wonderin if id is needed to prove your over 16 at the gate because i m a month too young and i love green day and paramore and i missed them earlier in the year!!!!

Nope they shouldn't care :)

If they do in the end you just get someone in the queue to say their your guardian :)

But they shouldn't want ids to prove your 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

the amount of kids ive been "uncle allan" to at gigs for a bottle of coke is astounding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ineedalaptop333

ok, so me and my friends got tickets for green day (our 2nd time to see them :D) but my friend Liam is only 14, and im 15 and we have nobody over 25 going with us
    will we get in without being asked for ID
    or should I take a trip to moore street with a passport photo? :P

ok, so me and my friends got tickets for green day (our 2nd time to see them :D) but my friend Liam is only 14, and im 15 and we have nobody over 25 going with us
    will we get in without being asked for ID
    or should I take a trip to moore street with a passport photo? :P

Benefit of the adopt a stranger programme whilst in the line,

Just ask who ever's around you will you be my mummy/daddy/weird uncle/ kooky aunt/cousin

if they ask hey are you over 16 say no but this is my *realitive* of choice or just say you are 16 and you dont have ID because your 16

allanb49 wrote: »
    Benefit of the adopt a stranger programme whilst in the line,

Just ask who ever's around you will you be my mummy/daddy/weird uncle/ kooky aunt/cousin

if they ask hey are you over 16 say no but this is my *realitive* of choice or just say you are 16 and you dont have ID because your 16

Will they bother asking that if you don't like like 12....?
    And 16 year olds usually wouldn't carry id anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ollie182

emtroche wrote: »
    Whos for slane then?

Hmmm.........

I hear word of Kings of Leon ;)

Ollie182 wrote: »
    I hear word of Kings of Leon ;)

AC/DC as it has been since 2001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ollie182

allanb49 wrote: »
    AC/DC as it has been since 2001

Im aware lol BUT. I heard they arent this year from a lot of people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Cant wait for this. Going to Wembley, Glasgaow, A
    and Marley. Going to be epic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Cant wait for this. Going to Wembley, Glasgaow, A
    and Marley. Going to be epic :)

Is this Glen? :P

Arrgh, can't wait for Marlay Park! Definitely the one I'm most looking forward to :D

Is this Glen? :P

Arrgh, can't wait for Marlay Park! Definitely the one I'm most looking forward to :D

Yea :P whos this :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Alfa Mark

Just got 2 tickets for Green Day but I see on the tickets it says U16's must be accompanied by and adult (25+). I'm an old looking 15 and wonder if anyone knows if they are strict about checking people on the way in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Alfa Mark wrote: »
    Just got 2 tickets for Green Day but I see on the tickets it says U16's must be accompanied by and adult (25+). I'm an old looking 15 and wonder if anyone knows if they are strict about checking people on the way in?

not at all, i've been working at outdoor concerts for years and have never been instructed to check ages or throw young people out. never even knew they had age restriction. was even a family of punks at metallica last summer. the mother even had a new born strapped to her. was asking me where the mosh pit was :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Mr.S wrote: »
    Or just go find someone to be your guardian:)

Is there actually going to be anybody 25+ going to Green Day?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

yu will be fine.marley park is an awful set up anyway.me and about 6 mates got into oasis there years back,me mate handed a secruity bloke 20 notes and we were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Opening at 4.30 but first act 6?

Gates open at 5.30 so 6 def for Joan jett id say then paramore about 6.45 and g.d at 8:)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Yea :P whos this :P

Isabel ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Isabel ;)

THE Isabel??

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Opening at 4.30 but first act 6?

Gates open at 5.30 so 6 def for Joan jett id say then paramore about 6.45 and g.d at 8:)
    Actually 5pm...I got confused with the other gd gigs I'm doing :)
    well 5pm according to mcd's site
    http://www.mcd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Marlay Park is the s***iest venue in Ireland. Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

I went to the Basement Jaxx gig in 2005 when I was only 16. We all got asked for ID but the only reason we did was because one of the lads was disgracefully drunk and making a tit of himself. So my advice would be to not draw too much attention to yourselves and you'll be grand.

Marlay Park is the s***iest venue in Ireland. Full stop.

It seems like I'd probaly agree...but my first gig there is in a month >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

if they stop you say your 'guardian' has gone in just ahead of you and point to some 'oldie' and you'll be grand.

Isabel ;)

Knew it :P Damn you for changing your username :P

God I really cannot wait for this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭smurra3

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone know what the deal is with wheelchair access??

Bought my daughter tickets for her birthday back in December and this week shes just had an op on her hip.Shes going to be wheelchair bound for 6 weeks but probably wont be able to stand for that length of time for Greenday even if she is out of the wheelchair.

Do I have to notify the promoters to get special wheelchair access??Or do I have to change the tickets to wheelchair tickets?

Thanks
    Richie.

There is an "Accessible seating" button when purchasing on ticket master.
    You can't buy the tickets there but it gives the following info.
    Please let me know if you got any info as i'm thinking of bringing my son.

Request Accessible Seating Tickets
    For special needs, please check the venue information page for details of facilities and companion tickets. Should you require further information please call the Special Needs Hotline on 0818 903001 (Republic of Ireland), 0844 277 9964 (Northern Ireland & UK, 00 353 818 903001 (International)
    Telephone Number(s):
    Republic of Ireland:
    0818 903001

Northern Ireland & UK
    0844 277 9964

International Customers
    00 353 818 903001
    Service Hours:
    Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 38,440 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

How come parents let there 12 year old kids go to concerts like this nowadays.

Im a youth leader and many of members in my group are going to this show and there only 12 and 13. BTW im not going not a fan of Marlay or a big green day fan.

Parents seem to be less strict nowadays about there kids going to concert.

I was in Marlay Park last year and in 2008 for Metallica and its a fairly average venue to be honest. Last year i started queing at 10.30am and didnt start walking to the ticket point til about 1.45pm and then when the concert was over there was about 101 different exits to go out and the light was not that great. Its not really a place for groups of kids to be going around without a guradian.

I honestly say that 50-70% of the people at this gig will be under 16 even though Green day made it big 1995 but a lot of Paramore fans will come to this just to see them.

The ques are going to be hell for this id say. Groups of 16 year olds queing about 20 hours before the gates open.

As i say would of loved to go to a major rock show when i was 12 or 13 but times change.

• Advertisement

I've been going to gigs since i was 14/15 im 25 now, My first gig was in the Temple Bar Music Centre and saw the Revs and Mixwitch, its not that parents are less strict it's your getting older and seeing things from a different perspective,

I was at the 02 gig in november and tbh there where a lot of people my age there i was expecting to be one of the oldest at 24 but i was gladly wrong :D

As i've mentioned before here theres no need to queue ridiculously early.

You have Nutgrove which has a burger king pizza hut and mcdonalds and its only a ten min walk, you cant get into the park before the gig so no point going in super early if you can get in touch with MCD and find out if its a flow system for the pit 1 in 1 out or wrist bands then your sorted. If it is wrist bands do the smart thing get your pit pass go get some cheap food down the road

Most Important enjoy the day. Thats all anyone wants from this

Enjoy the day and pray for some good weather

Advertisement