Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Funkfield wrote: »
    Is there actually going to be anybody 25+ going to Green Day?

:pac:

Been a fan since they started out...35 now so the answer is yep there will be peeps over 25 at it.

Was at the O2 in October and really felt my age at that with all the kids at it.

Shocking behaviour altogether--young kids(well they probably were 18/19 but I still felt old) throwing their knickers and bras at Billy Joe--jesus down with that sort of thing.

Think the worst ever was when my 9 year old dragged me to Avril Lavigne--now that was bad but just done tell anyone that I was there---could ruin my reputation.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

smurra3 wrote: »
    There is an "Accessible seating" button when purchasing on ticket master.
    You can't buy the tickets there but it gives the following info.
    Please let me know if you got any info as i'm thinking of bringing my son.

Thanks for the numbers--They`ll change the tickets to wheelchair ones if I need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

ah Avril i had a crush on her when i was a teen damn marketing and hormones.

And Funkified all the auld folks will be in the back with there legally bought over priced warm beers you cant miss us we'll be the ones crying about our lost youth.

Oooo for all the older people out there in Dundrum there is a sweet shop beside Burdocks that sells sweets that we'd have had as youngsters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Shocking behaviour altogether--young kids(well they probably were 18/19 but I still felt old) throwing their knickers and bras at Billy Joe--jesus down with that sort of thing.

Billie "I ve never seen so many bras thrown at me in my life"
    *somebody throws a pair of boxer shorts*

priceless :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Billie "I ve never seen so many bras thrown at me in my life"
    *somebody throws a pair of boxer shorts*

priceless :pac:

And wears them on his head

• Advertisement

Green Day Rock Band demo out on xbox live today

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Knew it :P Damn you for changing your username :P

I had to; the email address with the new password sent to it is now inactive.

allanb49 wrote: »
    My first gig was in the Temple Bar Music Centre and saw the Revs and Mixwitch

You absolute legend! Love Mixtwitch.

I've seen Green Day 5 times so far and there seemed to be a good mixture of people at each of the shows. (More so with the UK shows perhaps) Even if MP is swarming with 16 yr olds it won't bother me. I'm there for one sole purpose and nothing is going to distract me ;)

Are they still going?
    Anywhos what is your purpose, i will only accept a monty phyton quote

Are they still going?
    Anywhos what is your purpose, i will only accept a monty phyton quote

Nah, Clemo said they "might" do a reunion show but I wouldn't hold my breath. Him and one of the other members are in another band now called Getaway Stories....well they were a year and a half ago!

What is my purpose? I guess I can't answer that one seeing as how I don't watch Monty Python :D

Pearl Jam
    Smashing Pumpkins.

But thats detracting, Every gig i've been too we've always had a motto of if someone falls down pick them back up, If people are pushing from the back push back and yell obsenitys ordering some cop on,

But anywho im rambling again

• Advertisement

I listened to the O2 show the whole way through the other night, seriously can't wait for this show, it's the one I'm most excited for this Summer!!! <3

Izzy how you get the o2 show?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

First gig of the tour in two days....photos of them about to get on the plane to europe were taken/uploaded yesterday...it's getting so close! =D

Izzy how you get the o2 show?

A guy on GDC downloaded it from Youtube! (are you on GDC?)

Is this one of the ones you were talking about, Martyn? :)

pra0003243079g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

hey guys, can any of yee tell me what the story is in relation to transport, are there busses going to it etc? i'll be situated around talbot street

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Usually they have busses going to Marley Park and back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

hey guys, can any of yee tell me what the story is in relation to transport, are there busses going to it etc? i'll be situated around talbot street

When I went to Marlay Park for The Killers in '08 buses were like 8 euro return from the quays by D'olier street I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Get a 16 out from town.

They played Burnout and Nice Guys Finish Last in Hannover last night, so I can only hope we get the same!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 garyblackhouse

Gonna be one Epic day!

• Advertisement

got my tickets today so woo im going, better late than never i spose. and heres hoping for some changes to the setlist :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Anyone any suggestions on how to get to Marley Park from Bray for the Green Day concert? Don't really want to drive but if I do will there be parking? Are there any buses that go from Bray? If I go into town on the bus after the concert I would imagine I would miss the last bus back to Bray. Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Dart to Dun Laoighre and 75 to ballinteer? Closest 75 stop I can think of is about a 5 minute walk to Marley.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Plenty of Parking at Marley for gigs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Stee wrote: »
    Dart to Dun Laoighre and 75 to ballinteer? Closest 75 stop I can think of is about a 5 minute walk to Marley.

That is the best and the easiest way. Note If you are going that way: the 75 is a very un-reliable bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

unknown13 wrote: »
    That is the best and the easiest way. Note If you are going that way: the 75 is a very un-reliable bus.

That's not actually true, the problem with the 75 is if you're planning on catching it in the middle of the route as it's such a long route.

It does leave both termini at the right time and as Dun Laoghaire is where the OP would be getting on there shouldn't be any problem with it leaving on time.

Here's the timetable
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/75/

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

Ok so I only half read this so really sorry if it's already been answered!

Easiest way to get to Marlay Park from the City Centre? I think its the Dublin 16 bus but I cant be sure... First time in there:D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

BlueNemo wrote: »
    Ok so I only half read this so really sorry if it's already been answered!

Easiest way to get to Marlay Park from the City Centre? I think its the Dublin 16 bus but I cant be sure... First time in there:D haha
    I saw this on the MCS site
    Travelling to the Concert by Dublin Bus
    Dublin Bus will run a shuttle return service from the City Centre to the concert site. All Dublin Bus drop-off and pick-up points and Dublin Bus Parking will be in the car park at the top of Marlay Park accessed via College Road.

could look into that :)

I just got my ticket today... O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DisappearingBoy

Lads I can't ****ing wait O_O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

It's gonna be class! The 16 is gonna be full of Green Day fans :)

Advertisement