Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

48a tends to be quicker and more direct, the 16 will leave you at the same place, if you want a short walk 44 to dundrum and walk up from there be about a half hour walk, but some good times on the walks.

16 can be very hit and miss with its times and tends to get caught in traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

allanb49 wrote: »
    48a tends to be quicker and more direct, the 16 will leave you at the same place, if you want a short walk 44 to dundrum and walk up from there be about a half hour walk, but some good times on the walks.

16 can be very hit and miss with its times and tends to get caught in traffic

Thanks for the advice, might consider getting the the 44. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Anyone know what bus leaves from tallaght (The Square) to Marley Park? :o

75 doc, will drop you off at nutgrove/ballinteer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Hey all.
    The time is drawing nearer to what will be one of the biggest gigs of 2010 - Green Day in Marlay Park.
    I need to make a plan with my mate now, who I'm going with.
    What do you guys/gals think would be a good time to arrive at the venue?
    As we know Marlay Park is a place where there is often very big queues.

(P.S. sorry I didn't know there was already a thread for this topic).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

What time do you guys/gals think would be a good time to arrive at Marlay Park?
    I need to confirm this with my friend i'm going with.

karaokeman wrote: »
    What time do you guys/gals think would be a good time to arrive at Marlay Park?
    I need to confirm this with my friend i'm going with.
    I just text a friend and he said he wants to leave tallaght at 11!? Gates only open at 5!

Good time to arrive probably depends if you want to get into the pit or not, I'd say you'd want to arrive at least an hour before if you defiantly want to be in the pit, otherwise anytime after 5 will do :)

my plan is to wake up around 1, get some food, walk up to the gig at 4 and by the time we get there if its good weather head on in :P

No queuing before 5... never heard of anything like that before at a concert...
    Event Information
    Green Day - Marlay Park, Dublin - 23 June 2010
    Carparks Open: 15:00
    Gates Open: 17:00
    First Act: 18:10

Please Note: No Queuing Before 17:00
    * Times are subject to change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

A mate of mine is a serious Green Day fan..he wants to leave at 6:30 in the morning!

• Advertisement

It's cause the entrance is on a main road, but usually they close it off, They could open the gates early if its a nice day let people sit around and talk, but again i think something about the public park aspect,

Could always go up early and see if the parks open?

Could always go up early and see if the parks open?

Nah, I think I'll stick with going a bit later and trying to convince my mates to too :P Going out on the night before it, so might be a bit hungover if I leave early :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DisappearingBoy

Could they be trying to stop people from hearing the sound check? Hardly?....
    That is a bit crazy :confused:

...wont stop diehards though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Could they be trying to stop people from hearing the sound check? Hardly?....
    That is a bit crazy :confused:

...wont stop diehards though :P

That would be stupid...both Manchester + wembley soundchecks were hearable (with rare + new sings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭dougs09

i went to see em in manchester, gates opened well before 4, we got there just a bit after that, and just lay on the grass cover in the sun, was an awesome day weather wise, sound check, i didnt pass much remarks off tbh lol

but they were awesome, it was pretty much identical to the dublin show, as its the same tour as you already know, but it being outdoors made it all that much better.

i had tought about getting a ticket for this weeks show, but i've seen em twice now with the same set so not sure if i'd go again tbh, but who knows

dougs09 wrote: »
    i went to see em in manchester, gates opened well before 4, we got there just a bit after that, and just lay on the grass cover in the sun, was an awesome day weather wise, sound check, i didnt pass much remarks off tbh lol

but they were awesome, it was pretty much identical to the dublin show, as its the same tour as you already know, but it being outdoors made it all that much better.

i had tought about getting a ticket for this weeks show, but i've seen em twice now with the same set so not sure if i'd go again tbh, but who knows

Gates opened well before 4? Not at the entrance I was at...
    Unless every single person who got through early at your entrance didn't go for barrier?

And.,,,you should go again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DisappearingBoy

That would be stupid...both Manchester + wembley soundchecks were hearable (with rare + new sings)

Didn't see the post about it being 5 because it's a residential area, sorry!

If you had the option to go again.... THEN GO!!! :D Might be the same set, but it wont be the same concert...so why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 XxXNIMRODXxX

are cameras allowed in Marlay Park (i,e: at this gig?)
    and are the water points only up front. :confused:

ok so im going to see Green Dy on wednesday and i have a few questions!
    1.are cameras allowed?
    2.where are the water points (are they only up front)
    3.are the toilets near the crowd (front?)
    4.is it always really packed (im a bit closterphobic)
    5.will i be able to see im 5ft.
    6.is it safe to go alone (im 14)
    7.is it easy to get up front

• Registered Users Posts: 38,440 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was there for 2 metallica shows 2008 and 2009.

CAMARAS- Most of the time camaras are allowed but if youre spoted by any the stewards they will ask you to stop recording. They Cant take Camara phones off you. About 90% of the time camaras are fine.

Water points- There are a lot of Trailors selling food, drinks at the back of the site dont know about Water points though. Most of the time though the stewards hand out cups of water.

Toliets- They are a number of cabins at the sides

It can be very crowded in some areas of the site. Its a bit of an uncomterble expericene to be up the front of the barrier behind the pit cause people keep pushing forward but one advantage is that there are a lot of stewards and they will lift you out if you are getting squashed.

To get to the pit you will have to be queing very very early, you will get a wristband and you will be allowed stand in a more comterble area with limited amount of pushing you can even go out and get something to eat or drink and then go back to the pit.

You would be able to see but if youre stuck behind someone tall then youre in trouble lol.

I would not call it safe or unsafe in there really depends on where you go. There would be a big difference in a crowd for a Green day show than there would be for a Metallica show. Not as many drunk ****ers as there would be for Metallica.

One warning though that its quite a walk to the concert site from where you start queing starts about s 30/40 min walk it can be dangerous on the way back from the concert because the walkways are not that well lightin. There will be all different gates to exit from one for buses one for carpark etc.

My advice stay with someone or a group of people you know dont go off on your own its can be easy to get lost leaving the concert.

Que very early to get somewhere near the front.

Thats my best advice about the place could be a bit different this year.

• Advertisement

water points tend to be the left of the stage and cameras do tend to be allowed, just not professional big massive ones :D

water points tend to be the left of the stage and cameras do tend to be allowed, just not professional big massive ones :D
    great, thanks!
    also do you think if i got there roughly 3-4 hours early that i would get fairly close to the barrier??

dunno really, seen metallica/foo fighters/aerosmith there and it never filled up till evening time, bt green day may be earlier with younger fans, but 3 4 hours yeah should get in the pit.

Or do what i did at metallica last year

go in with a bunch of people with pit passes and hold your wrist up walking by fast

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just flew back in to Dublin this morning after seeing them in Wembley last night and let me say, everyone is in for a treat on Wednesday. It was simply the most amazing concert I've been ever to. I do wonder if they'll put on as good a show, they may have been more up for it last night considering it was their biggest show ever, but I still think its gonna be very very good on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just flew back in to Dublin this morning after seeing them in Wembley last night and let me say, everyone is in for a treat on Wednesday. It was simply the most amazing concert I've been ever to. I do wonder if they'll put on as good a show, they may have been more up for it last night considering it was their biggest show ever, but I still think its gonna be very very good on Wednesday.
    except you know, it wasn't

hynesie08 wrote: »
    T'was actually http://www.nme.com/news/green-day/51582

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Thought you meant capacity wise. can't be arsed going to this and i sold my tickets to the o2 show in october. looking at the setlist i'm glad to see nothings changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

6.is it safe to go alone (im 14)

U16s MUST Be Accompanied By Parent / Guardian - 25 Years Or OVer.
    You'd normally be alright with an older friend, especially for Green Day, but if you mean you're going to be going past security on your own you might have problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

This may sound sad, but does anyone know how I would go about getting backstage at this gig? Any extreme suggestions will be accepted :D

• Advertisement

Thought you meant capacity wise. can't be arsed going to this and i sold my tickets to the o2 show in october. looking at the setlist i'm glad to see nothings changed.
    It was capacity wise. Milton Keynes was 65,000. There was at least 80,000 in wembley stadium last night.

Advertisement