Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

ive been waiting to see greenday for a long time whats marlay park like as a venue and how many will be there tomorrow roughly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

This time tomorrow night....can't wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

any idea what time they'll be on stage?

8pm most likely.

8pm most likely.

yeh that's what I thought.

Time for a pint before hand me thinks :)

Have wanted to see Green Day for years and missed out on them a couple of times for various reasons so really really looking forward to this!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Anyone know where the best place to park is?Have to drive unfortunately with my daughter and her leg injury.At least shes recovered enough to not have to get wheelchair passes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DisappearingBoy

yeh that's what I thought.

Time for a pint before hand me thinks :)

Have wanted to see Green Day for years and missed out on them a couple of times for various reasons so really really looking forward to this!

You sir, will NOT be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

My sister said she's going to start queuing at 8:00am ...

... nut case ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone know what Dublin bus is going out to Marley tomorrow?

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone know what Dublin bus is going out to Marley tomorrow?

75 from Dun Laoghaire and Tallaght and the 48a from Parnell Square (not sure where that goes to)

There's also a special service going from Burgh Quay between 4-6 and dropping back there after the gig.

75 from Dun Laoghaire and Tallaght and the 48a from Parnell Square (not sure where that goes to)

There's also a special service going from Burgh Quay between 4-6 and dropping back there after the gig.
    What about the 16? Apparntly that stops at a centra or something close by?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Close by? Try right outside it directly opposite the concert entrance :)

calex71 wrote: »

Thought so :)

Although I got the last 16 bus last night...for some reason didn't do all the stops? Resulted in me wandering around for a couple of hours trying to walk The rest of the distance to it...:L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

My sister said she's going to start queuing at 8:00am ...

... nut case ...

I remember the good old days of queuing since 8am

Although, my earliest queue was 5am, for Metallica back in 2003. That was just absurd, getting up to get the first bus across the city and then hanging around in line for at least 10 hours lol
    calex71 wrote: »

Just to warn you about that, the 16 stops outside the entrance alright, but at Metallica last year we ended up being told to walk around the park by the dual carriageway and enter in the Golf course entrance and queue around there. I think if you arrive after a certain time during the day they don't mind you walking in the front entrance but otherwise they send you to the other side of the park if you arrive early looking for a pit pass

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Has anyone checked the weather forecast?
    Is it expected to be good tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Anyone know where the best place to park is?Have to drive unfortunately with my daughter and her leg injury.At least shes recovered enough to not have to get wheelchair passes.
    I can't suggest anything re parking but I can offer that if you get there early enough and there's a pit then security may decide the safest place for your daughter is in the back of the pit. I brought my son to see Radiohead there a few years back not long after he'd had an accident and we were ushered into the pit and given special armbands. Perfect spot to see a band and totally safe.

I got an email from ticketmaster reminding me about the event and it only mentioned the 75 and the 48a!

Where does the 16 go from? sounds like a plan.

Edit: Just read Motley Crue's advice, might give it a miss if it's going to be a longer walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

karaokeman wrote: »
    Has anyone checked the weather forecast?
    Is it expected to be good tonight

a few showers, but should be grand
    Can't wait for this gig!!:D

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/forecast-hourly.asp?partner=accuweather&postalcode=EUR;IE;EI006;DUBLIN;&metric=1&hbhday=1&hbhhour=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

guys do you know what are the chances of gettin a parking spot at around 8?
    never been there so i cant judge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I'm going tonight, but just to see Joan Jett & the Blackhearts.

Anyone know what time they will come on stage?

Are they first or second?

What time is best to guarantee entry to the pit?

Also, it's gonna fecking lash!

OutlawPete wrote: »

Also, it's gonna fecking lash!

I have a rain coat. But I also have sandals. Oh well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I have a rain coat. But I also have sandals. Oh well :pac:

Im just going naked--that way whatever the weather I`ll be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

On my way to Green Day now on the shuttle bus! If I wanted to leave early what bus could I get from Marlay Park? Please help quick, completely lost in Dublin.

Megatron_X wrote: »
    On my way to Green Day now on the shuttle bus! If I wanted to leave early what bus could I get from Marlay Park? Please help quick, completely lost in Dublin.

How long will bus take? I'm in q bar having a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Megatron_X

How long will bus take? I'm in q bar having a pint!

Still on it now but I think we're near Rathmines. We have to be back in the city centre for 11 so I'm thinking the 22.10 no.16 bus? Any idea where the stop is near Marlay Park?

Megatron_X wrote: »
    Still on it now but I think we're near Rathmines. We have to be back in the city centre for 11 so I'm thinking the 22.10 no.16 bus? Any idea where the stop is near Marlay Park?

Just on it now myself! Haven't even left town yet. Can't help on the bus front sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Brilliant night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Vurry jealous I didn't go.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Savage Night... the rain held off right till he started singing "Here comes the rain again" from wake me up when September ends...

That Teeshirt gun had some range on it...

Bunch of ****ing idiots longside me all about 15, wrestling eachother to the ground and fighting.. cops came over though so they stopped.

All in all, waaay better than the night in the O2...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Was very very good!! I didn't really want to go, but went anyway because of what Green Day used to be (I think they kinda went downhill a few years ago, but after so many years it's sort of expected). It was SO worth it!!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Really enjoyable night. Rain held off until 2nd last song and as 'When Sept ends' was beginning a light mist had started and just as he sang "here comes the rain again fallin from the stars..." it started to lash and everybody including Billy Joe smiled. First time I've ever been glad to have rain falling on me! Amazing concert ( except getting home- took an hour to get out of carpark and then another hour to drive what should have been a 20 min journey ..... Well worth the hassle though : )

Advertisement