Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kynareth

Yeah I thought that was awesome that the rain held off till that exact line Haha!
    Yeah I was in a wrestle for the T-shirts too, but there wern't any Gardai near us we all helped each other up afterwards!

I wonder was this recorded, Apparently it was according to this and my friend said she got an email from ticketmaster stating it, but I heard nothing of the sort.
    Possibly recorded? The informations down the bottom under "Your Safety" if it was I can't wait to buy it, best concert of my life so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Amazing show, they played nearly 3 hours which is great. Was right up in the pit too. Much better than the 02 and the rain was just in time, such a nice moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Excellent gig.

Gorgeous girl beside me caught a drumstick .. well done :)

Fantastic atmosphere.

Rain during 'When September Ends' .. how apt.

Great concert and they really know how to get the crowd involved.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Excellent gig.

Gorgeous girl beside me caught a drumstick .. well done :)

Fantastic atmosphere.

Rain during 'When September Ends' .. how apt.

Great concert and they really know how to get the crowd involved.

I was nearly squashed in the rush to get one of those drum sticks :(

seanbmc wrote: »
    I was nearly squashed in the rush to get one of those drum sticks :(

Yeah, seen some assholes try and pull one of another girl also.

The girl beside me was so lucky bless her, the stick just landed right on her shoulder .. she was SOOOO happy :p

Not sure if outside the pit was great or not, but inside it was perfect.

Thought it was cool the way they tried to get more people into the pit, say the staff must have got pissed off .. health and saftey and all that ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah, seen some assholes try and pull one of another girl also.

The girl beside me was so lucky bless her, the stick just landed right on her shoulder .. she was SOOOO happy :p

Not sure if outside the pit was great or not, but inside it was perfect.

Thought it was cool the way they tried to get more people into the pit, say the staff must have got pissed off .. health and saftey and all that ;)

He was going through a lot of those Drum Sticks, flinging them all over the stage. My mate was the guy dressed as Scooby Doo on stage, was so happy for him, he wore it just so he could get up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Some of the fireworks at the end..

taken on my phone so quality not 100%

IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 38,440 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

weird postion for the stage normally it was always up from the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Any bootlegs of said show? :P Pete, my exact words to the missus, "how apt during wake me up" and got a nice load of oldies,

O yeah i updated the setlist fm but need help tidying it up with songs i may have out of place or forgotten if anyone can help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

allanb49 wrote: »
    Any bootlegs of said show? :P Pete, my exact words to the missus, "how apt during wake me up" and got a nice load of oldies,

O yeah i updated the setlist fm but need help tidying it up with songs i may have out of place or forgotten if anyone can help :D

Bootlegs, none yet :(
    the only audio that emerged from the o2 show was ripped from various YouTube videos,?:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

One of the best gigs I was ever at.Blew the O2 gig away.

Couple of things though--wheelchair seating was sh1t(right down the back and a crappy view) and the stewarts insisted that my daughter used them even though I had never changed the tickets to wheel chair access.

Had enough of that after Paramore.Took a walk around to the right of the stage just a Greenday were coming on.Billy asks to let some of the peeps in on the left and they then let in a load on the right aswell--so we managed to get into the pit--happy days.Made it all the better for her since there was actually less pushing in the pit than outside it and she had plenty of room with the crutches.

Joan Jett was amazing.Really enjoyed their show.Would love to see her headlining a smaller venue in Dublin.

Paramore--didnt do it for me at all but thats probably because Ive never really gotten into them and knew feck all songs.

Greenday--Their old stuff.Cant beat it.What more can I say!!!!Amazing-absolutely amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just wondering if anybody has a pictures of the kid that was up on stage at the beginning? He's my nephew and it absolutely made his day. He's only 11 and he's been a huge fan for years. He'd really be chuffed if he had a picture of it. A pint of thanks for anybody that can help out.

I've waited years for that show. And it was well worth the wait.

I

Also, it's gonna fecking lash!

I'm beginning to think Billie Joe has some sort of strange manipulative weather powers...what with this..and the whole rain thing...

Also it was very cloudy before London...but they opened up on the day...Billie told a story bout asking god to do if but he wouldn't..so he got Satan to do it.

I thought for a moment at marlay that the rain was staged/fake somehow...but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

One of the best gigs I've been to.

Jumping like a fool in the pit always is great fun though :D

They started off with alot of the newer stuff, but then launched into the classics and had great crowd interaction. I genuinely loved his speech at the end about how he'd never leave the band for any reason whatsoever. 'Cause it really does suck when bands split up, reunite etc etc (Blink 182 ;) )

Congrats to anyone who got a drumstick or on stage/was dressed as Scooby or a nun! The kid from Ballyfermot was adorable, a mini Billie basically :D

And rain at the most appropriate moment <3

No complaints really ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    weird postion for the stage normally it was always up from the house.

Thats cause the gig didnt sell well think it was only 20,000 .

Was working at the gig and enjoyed it although had to laugh when billy went "You wanna hear some old stuff" and the whole crowd went crazy and then kicked into songs like She and Geek Stink Breath and the crowd was pretty silent bar the older crowd.

Thats cause the gig didnt sell well think it was only 20,000 .

Was working at the gig and enjoyed it although had to laugh when billy went "You wanna hear some old stuff" and the whole crowd went crazy and then kicked into songs like She and Geek Stink Breath and the crowd was pretty silent bar the older crowd.
    Haha!
    Manchester/wembley were much better in this regard....I'm gonna blame paramore :/

so annoying when he was about to start an old song...all the people around me "play basket case!"
    considering they always play it...and time could be used for proper requsts...argh

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

What a concert.

The guys really are up for the craic aren't they?! It was very surreal when it started raining during Wake Me Up. I missed the start of Joan Jett so I think I missed Bad Reputation and Cherrybomb. I would have loved to have heard them. All in all, great night!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

the crowd was pretty silent bar the older crowd.

Youngsters these days dont appreciate the classics.Still quite scary really when you see 35-40+ year olds bouncing around to the older stuff(Not slagging--Im in that age bracket)

Personally I prefer everything pre-American Idiot.

Also whats with all the idiots throwning half empty glasses of beer through the crowd.
    Never mind the fact that you end up smelling horrible by the end of the night--Its a waste of good beer.You`d never see that in my day.We finished all our beer back then!!!!!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Youngsters these days dont appreciate the classics.Still quite scary really when you see 35-40+ year olds bouncing around to the older stuff(Not slagging--Im in that age bracket)

Personally I prefer everything pre-American Idiot.

Also whats with all the idiots throwning half empty glasses of beer through the crowd.
    Never mind the fact that you end up smelling horrible by the end of the night--Its a waste of good beer.You`d never see that in my day.We finished all our beer back then!!!!!

At least it wasn't urine.....

Where I was, up the front...it was just water :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I see everyone else loved the "Here comes the rain again falling from the stars" bit :) Thought it was just perfect timing :pac:

I was still nursing a hangover for the first band so I sat in the shade with a drink and went back up to my mates for Paramore. They were alright, I don't know many of their songs but wasn't too much into them.

That one defiantly had to be better than the o2 for Greenday though, i ended up 1-2 people from the front at this one too, but this time is because B.J. said start a wall of death and I got pushed to the front :D

Lots of really hot girls there though :D I couldn't tell how old they were though so I felt a bit pervy :o

Oh, and I almost caught Haley Williams 2nd bottle of water, it slipped out of my hand (managed to soak me on the way) and somebody else got it :(

At least it wasn't urine.....

Probably would have tasted better than the beer though :D:D:D (probably better to not mention the brand)

.Still quite scary really when you see 35-40+ year olds bouncing around to the older stuff(Not slagging--Im in that age bracket)

Has to be done :pac:
    (I'm not quite in that age bracket btw but I will still be boppin when I am!)

seanbmc wrote: »
    My mate was the guy dressed as Scooby Doo on stage, was so happy for him, he wore it just so he could get up there.

Here you go, I missed the jump though .. :o

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody has a pictures of the kid that was up on stage at the beginning? He's my nephew and it absolutely made his day. He's only 11 and he's been a huge fan for years. He'd really be chuffed if he had a picture of it. A pint of thanks for anybody that can help out.

This kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Why_So_Serious?

Anyone any idea of the song that was sung before Wake Me Up When September Ends????

Edit: It's ok i found out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Such an incredible gig. I didn't think they would be as good as they were at Wembley a few nights back but they really were. You have to admire their ability to give every show 100% every time. It really makes the fans appreciate them all the more. I was at the show with a few people who weren't even the biggest Green Day fans and they all agreed it was the best show they'd ever been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I hope this isn't becoming a trend. There seemed to be a lot of this going on at The O2 for Pearl Jam's gig. Considering the price of beer at gigs, if I buy a pint, I make sure I lick every last drop. With the recession, it seemed that there were less muppets at gigs but maybe now that they're on the increase again shows that we're recovering economically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

If you're 5ft you should defo try to get a pit band. From what I remember from being there at Muse a few years ago, the stage is at the highest point in the venue (it was then anyway) so not only are you lower elevated than the band, anybody even remotely taller than you in front of you will block your view. That said they might have moved the stage position...

As a funny aside, my gf's about 5'4" and was stuck right behind this 7ft monster. She was literally just taller than his belt line. Hilarious! Hope you enjoy the gig.

JJ wrote: »
    I hope this isn't becoming a trend. There seemed to be a lot of this going on at The O2 for Pearl Jam's gig. Considering the price of beer at gigs, if I buy a pint, I make sure I lick every last drop. With the recession, it seemed that there were less muppets at gigs but maybe now that they're on the increase again shows that we're recovering economically.

Happens at all the gigs, it's ridiculous. Pack of arseholes. I've learned at Oxegen etc to have my rain coat on and hood up in the evenings because once people start getting messy, the pints (hopefully only of beer) start flying. Thankfully didn't see any of it last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

JJ wrote: »
    With the recession, it seemed that there were less muppets at gigs but maybe now that they're on the increase again shows that we're recovering economically.

There were a load of muppets near us. Dunno why they bothered paying for tickets when they could have spent the evening in any old field chucking beer around and wrestling. Think a few were kicked out and we'd moved out of the way before the proper fighting started.

Great concert though - 1st time I'd seen Green Day live and will definately go again

Advertisement