Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Green Day in Marley Park 23 June 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Anyone have a king for a day video from it? :D It prob went on for about 15 mins though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

GReat gig, wasnt overly looking forward to it but man was amazing. Those fellas put on a fantastic show, 100% all night from Billie. They truly were fantastic, I hope they did record it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

JJ wrote: »
    I hope this isn't becoming a trend. There seemed to be a lot of this going on at The O2 for Pearl Jam's gig. Considering the price of beer at gigs, if I buy a pint, I make sure I lick every last drop. With the recession, it seemed that there were less muppets at gigs but maybe now that they're on the increase again shows that we're recovering economically.

Sure it wasn't glasses full of water? Or were they coming from behind you? I don't mid people throwing glasses of water as I was dying of thirst/heat :P

Anyone have a king for a day video from it? :D It prob went on for about 15 mins though! :pac:

Shout went on for a while too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

OutlawPete wrote: »
    You absolute legend!!!

Thanks sooooo much!!

• Advertisement

A vid I took

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You absolute legend!!!

Thanks sooooo much!!

I took a video of this.
    Was the only video I was able to record at the gig though, would've took more but my memory card was full.

I have to say though it was an absolutely epic concert.
    Never seen any live bands love the audience and the fans the same way that Green Day did.
    I really hope this comes on DVD, I would definitely buy it if that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

cronin_j wrote: »
    Savage Night... the rain held off right till he started singing "Here comes the rain again" from wake me up when September ends...

That Teeshirt gun had some range on it...

Bunch of ****ing idiots longside me all about 15, wrestling eachother to the ground and fighting.. cops came over though so they stopped.

All in all, waaay better than the night in the O2...

Ha you must have been standing in very close proximity to me...

PS I wasn't one of the gobsheens wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

karaokeman wrote: »
    I took a video of this.
    Was the only video I was able to record at the gig though, would've took more but my memory card was full.
    I'd love if I could get a copy of this if you wouldn't mind? My nephew would be chuffed.

Although the quality of the other vid posted is absolutely amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FeatherWeather

anybody get a video of the american idiot wall of death during the encore?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Youngsters these days dont appreciate the classics.Still quite scary really when you see 35-40+ year olds bouncing around to the older stuff(Not slagging--Im in that age bracket)

Personally I prefer everything pre-American Idiot.

Also whats with all the idiots throwning half empty glasses of beer through the crowd.
    Never mind the fact that you end up smelling horrible by the end of the night--Its a waste of good beer.You`d never see that in my day.We finished all our beer back then!!!!!

Sadly its true , i think most of the young ones thought early stuff was from the American Idiot record. Will say they played a good bit of old stuff which was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

very enjoyable show, great mixture of material, best part of 3hrs, wonderful weather (up till the last 15mins or so), it has restored my faith in outdoor gigs in ireland (at least for the time being)

have to say i enjoyed it more than pearl jam the night before, now that is saying something :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I'm sad to say my battery ran out long before Wake Me Up .. but glad to have captured this:

Choose 720p HD for best picture.

I'm sad to say my battery ran out long before Wake Me Up .. but glad to have captured this:

Choose 720p HD for best picture.

Great moment , goosebumps then and goosebumps now watching the video. I was very close to where you were standing.

Edit. Thanks for the Scooby video link, you made my friend a happy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

That's a great camera you have. I still can't believe I was there when I watch those videos.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

That's a great camera you have. I still can't believe I was there when I watch those videos.

Agreed---Outlaw Pete what type of camera is it?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Agreed---Outlaw Pete what type of camera is it?

Lumix TZ10 :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nice one--I might look at investing in one.Quality is excellent and the I`d say that 12x optical zoom is a handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I love Green Day, have nothing but respect for them, but personally I'd be pissed. I paid to hear him singing at the gig, not the crowd, and while I don't ever object to people singing along or the odd verse encouraged from the likes of Hetfield during MOP...this isn't a performance of this song by Green Day...its the audience singing it to them

Personally, not a fan of this, although Green Day are still a quality band

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

I love Green Day, have nothing but respect for them, but personally I'd be pissed. I paid to hear him singing at the gig, not the crowd, and while I don't ever object to people singing along or the odd verse encouraged from the likes of Hetfield during MOP...this isn't a performance of this song by Green Day...its the audience singing it to them

I actually really like those bits, although, I though he did way too many bits like the 'ole' and chants like that for the audience...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

After the performance that Billie Joe put on the other night think he deserves a couple of verses to catch his breath:pac:

p.s. OutlawPete for official photographer at every gig from now till eternity..M.C.D. sign him up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

excellent footage, really impressed with the quality, sound and picture is 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭65bl

If you want to hear a singer then listen to him in glorious cd quality in your front room. one of the wonderful qualities of a gig is that it is interactive, fun and maybe just a wee bit different. Just enjoy it for what it is and not what you paid for it. As a veteran with 25 yrs gig experience I can assure you when a band justs turns up, takes the money and f***s off - then you'll know you havent got what you paid for. Green day didnt do that.

Incidentely I was one of the old fogies at the back - I was there because my son is a Green Day fan. I appreciated that they played afew older numbers - he loved thier newer stuff. He thought they were " AWESOME" - I agreed. His first big gig and i hope not his last

bl

65bl wrote: »
    As a veteran with 25 yrs gig experience I can assure you when a band justs turns up, takes the money and f***s off - then you'll know you havent got what you paid for. Green day didnt do that.

Couldnt agree more--Ive been at gigs in the past where the frontman said little or nothing to the audience--just got on stage,played their stuff and the left.You do feel like you may aswell have just put the cd on and had a few beers in your sitting room.

Incidentely I was one of the old fogies at the back
    I was one of the old fogies at the front--must be getting old cos my ears are still ringing 3 days later.
    - I was there because my son is a Green Day fan
    I was there becuase Ive been a Green Day fan since 1990--Jesus I was only 15 and now my daughter is 13 and taking up the tradition--Thats mad altogether.
    . I appreciated that they played afew older numbers - he loved thier newer stuff.
    Shes actually more of a fan of their older stuff.
    He thought they were " AWESOME" - I agreed. His first big gig and i hope not his last
    bl

Something that I never thought I`d say but its more awesome bringing yer kids to their first big gig than the actual gig itself.

I think all of our ears are ringing :). And I have to agree that I would rather a bit of audience interaction and singing rather than them just going up on stage rattling through the set and going off.

Personally I love when the crowd sings along and Billy lets us take over, the atmosphere is amazing, especially on songs where the whole crowd sings. And yes I have been to gigs were bands do none of this and even though it was a good show, you still come out thinking the show was missing something, that you may aswell as the above poster said, sit at home and listen to them on a CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

65bl wrote: »
    one of the wonderful qualities of a gig is that it is interactive, fun and maybe just a wee bit different.l

Totally agree, but I would rather something like this

As she sings the chorus the crowd can be heard singing with her and there is amazing interaction that the live performance brings

I just objected to him getting the crowd to almost completely sing one of the bands most well known newer hits as opposed to him singing it

Personally, I love Green Day, but I'm a little pissed when a band get the crowd to sing a song at length like this

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭hairyface

alright folks this is my first time to use this site and dont quite know what im doing anyways i was at green day last wed and my son got brought up on stage to spray the crowed with water does any one please have a picture or video of him

alright man you dont happen to have the clip of my son with the water hose on stage do you because i cant find it any where and no one beleives he was on stage with green day

hairyface wrote: »
    alright man you dont happen to have the clip of my son with the water hose on stage do you because i cant find it any where and no one beleives he was on stage with green day

Tell him he owes me a new camera ;)

• Advertisement

sweet man thanks a mil for that owe u a pint cant afford a camera though cheers

Advertisement