Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdryer -For a Gift ?

• 15-12-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    My wife (out of all the wonderful things on offer wink.gif) has said she needs a new Hairdryer , so i should get her one for a Christmas gift , she is so unselfish (God bless her) and the only demand is that its a "good one"

So I must admit , my knowledge of hairdryers is pretty limited .
    I NEED YOUR HELP .. Please advise on good brand hairdryers , cost is no issue .

Ta In Advance.

M

(p.s)Dont slate me for posting on this forum , i had no where else to turn redface.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

The ones they sell in Peter Marks are very good - they're professional hairdriers.

I got one last week and there was only a choice of 3 on sale, the receptionist advised which one was the best one for me and was €57.50 - am finding it great so far and it wasn't as expensive as I thought they would be. The non-professional ones are almost as expensive and not half as good (imo).

All the Peter Mark salons stock them I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

With hairdryers, the higher the wattage the better. I would look for 1800W at least. This is a professional one which is highly rated:

http://www.hqhair.com/tools-electrical/parlux/superturbo-2000

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Nixer95

Hi there,

did you get one? i am looking to buy a new one myself, the best one on the market is a Parlux 3500, its a 2000w compact hairdryer and only weighs 490grams!! but they can be only bought in salon supplies places which makes them harder to get, anyone know if you can walk in and buy from Terrisales on Abbey st?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

got a parlux for herself and loves it, i'm still living off that one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

ETI is the brand name of the Peter Mark ones; I love mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Nixer95 wrote: »
    Hi there,

did you get one? i am looking to buy a new one myself, the best one on the market is a Parlux 3500, its a 2000w compact hairdryer and only weighs 490grams!! but they can be only bought in salon supplies places which makes them harder to get, anyone know if you can walk in and buy from Terrisales on Abbey st?

Nixer,
    found the type your looking for , on my way now to get it....
    Go into sallyhair ( sassi) in drury St they stock em and have a couple left , callnow to hold one, also 20% discount today parlux compact 3500 now €87.99 ! .... Jeez never taught I would get so much excitment out of a hair dryer :) ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yes you can just go into Terrisales on Abbey Street. There's where I got my Parlux! It's brilliant. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Larianne wrote: »
    Yes you can just go into Terrisales on Abbey Street. There's where I got my Parlux! It's brilliant. :D

There's now a Terrisales shop in the Square in Tallaght, didn't go in but looks quite swish!

Advertisement