Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United V Wolves

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Aidric wrote: »
    Wellbeck has hit a few poxy efforts since coming on.

Yeah, he has. He looks talented, but he's got no composure at all, and awful shooting technique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Done was was needed at the end of the day. 3 points and plus 3 on the GD. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Looking at the back pages of papers Mick is in for some hard questions after this one..

http://www.skysports.com/gallery/detail/0,20501,11979_5713310,00.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

That's massively unfair imo,
    I understand the dilema that you can't just give in and put out a reserve side however, with 3 games in 8 days it makes sense to have important players rest for the middle game and make your best fist of the winning the 2 on either end,
    Of course it being Man Utd it does make things look much worse, but with the game on sunday being against Burnley a win there would potentially put them ahead (depending on how Burnley get on tomorrow),

Anyway I'm rambling but I reckon it's something that while questionable makes sense and was decision to prioritise certain games, I reckon he won't face any real sanction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mayordenis wrote: »
    That's massively unfair imo,
    I understand the dilema that you can't just give in and put out a reserve side however, with 3 games in 8 days it makes sense to have important players rest for the middle game and make your best fist of the winning the 2 on either end,
    Of course it being Man Utd it does make things look much worse, but with the game on sunday being against Burnley a win there would potentially put them ahead (depending on how Burnley get on tomorrow),

Anyway I'm rambling but I reckon it's something that while questionable makes sense and was decision to prioritise certain games, I reckon he won't face any real sanction.

Tis no different to what Arsenal and United do in the Cups and what United did when they had the league won last season.

The only difference being that the Arsenal and United b teams are better than Wolves first team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Dont normally post here but making an exception here as i feel a very dangerous precedent has been set here. Given Wolves (McCarthy's) decision to put out a weakened team where will it start and stop. If he feels he has a chance against a team like lets say Villa or spurs will he put out a stronger team. I think FA should act very quickly here. Its not on making that many changes. You dont need to protect that many players from injury. A very cynical piece of management I have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Liverpool put out a B team against Fulham in 2007 before the CL final.

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2007/May/05/fulham-on-brink-of-safety-after-win-over-liverpool-reserves/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

We put out are youth team against Hull in the final game last season. Hull also needed the win for survival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dont normally post here but making an exception here as i feel a very dangerous precedent has been set here. Given Wolves (McCarthy's) decision to put out a weakened team where will it start and stop. If he feels he has a chance against a team like lets say Villa or spurs will he put out a stronger team. I think FA should act very quickly here. Its not on making that many changes. You dont need to protect that many players from injury. A very cynical piece of management I have to say.

Disagree, I think a very dangerous precedent would be set if the FA acted on it. Having a say in how many changes a manager can make? Ludicrous. And as mike65 and RasTa mention above, it's hardly the first time a manager has been criticised for making wholesale changes to rest players for more important fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I think your talking complete and utter rubbish. Were you calling for sanctions against your club against Fulham as pointed out above? Pot. Kettle. Black.

By no means is it a precedent, Arsenal in the Carling cup, Liverpool against Fulham, United against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. There are many examples. Hull needed a result last season to stay up and we played our reserves.

The manager picks the team, not the FA.

• Advertisement
Advertisement