Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealer awards pot wrongly......kinda

Options
  • 15-12-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

The board was paired in this hand 2 2 5 5 9.

Player A declares 2 pair and player B nods in a way that concedes hand and goes to throw over cards ta muck but they turn over and it shows Ace high which beats player A.

Dealer has allready awarded pot to player a its in his stack.

What happens now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Player A KITN for declaring his hand like this and told to simply turn it in future.

Player B reminded not to concede without seeing the hand.

Also dealer told to see the winner OR muck any conceded hands before awarding the pot in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

tipp86 wrote: »
    The board was paired in this hand 2 2 5 5 9.

Player A declares 2 pair and player B nods in a way that concedes hand and goes to throw over cards ta muck but they turn over and it shows Ace high which beats player A.

Dealer has allready awarded pot to player a its in his stack.

What happens now?

well imo (& I know plenty will disagree) player B with the BEST hand should be awarded the pot. I'd also love to know how you "nod in a way that concedes the pot". Cards speak at all times. If Player B had said "nice hand, well done" but turned over his cards he would be awarded the pot.

Any player who would even try to claim this pot shouldn't be allowed play poker because imo it is cheating.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 176 ✭✭pkr_ennis

Reconstrct the betting in the hand (the players will know) starting pre flop and working right through the streets to the last action. It takes a minute to get it right, then award the amount decided from player A's stack.
    Best hand wins in poker obv.
    Job done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I didnt see it take place but i think its possible that the player more or less conceded it in words aswell.

I think player A even turned over his hand and that it was just when player B went to muck that it was noticed.

If it was down to me player A gets the chips. Through dealer error if you want. It is my opinion that the dealer should take cards in before awarding a pot.

I cant really see why player A should have to remove them from his stack. Whats to stop Player A from getting up and walking out the door with the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

I didnt see it take place but i think its possible that the player more or less conceded it in words aswell.

I think player A even turned over his hand and that it was just when player B went to muck that it was noticed.

If it was down to me player A gets the chips. Through dealer error if you want. It is my opinion that the dealer should take cards in before awarding a pot.

I cant really see why player A should have to remove them from his stack. Whats to stop Player A from getting up and walking out the door with the chips[/S].[/quote]
    A good beating if they were my chips

• Advertisement

^^ lolz.

Dealer error happens all the time. It's my opinion that all dead hands should be killed before awarding the pot as well. KITN for the dealer in this instance. However you ought not to punish the guy with the best hand by making him forfit the pot.
    What if that was a hundred thousand euro pot (or life changing money) and you hold the winner. Would you concede tipp?
    I imagine you'd have much the same attitude as Damo here, I know I would and I know 95% of the poker world would too.
    Best tabled hand wins in poker, period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

At the end of the day it came to showdown and both hands were tabled by whatever means and the best hand must win. If the dealer has pushed the chips to the wrong player then it is easily rectified by countback process on all streets and award the proper chips to the rightfull owner.
    If the other player complains about this then a swift kick to the bolix for being a total cnut about it should be administered.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Icarus152

bp_me wrote: »
    Player A KITN for declaring his hand like this and told to simply turn it in future.

Player B reminded not to concede without seeing the hand.

Also dealer told to see the winner OR muck any conceded hands before awarding the pot in future.

Drink not suiting you,IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Icarus152 wrote: »
    Drink not suiting you,IMO.

I'll try not to drink and post again. Wouldn't be able to drop some players home after a few drinks if I kept doing that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Best hand at showdown wins.

As it played it out, it ended up being a dealer error that caused player A the pot. But still, no doubt, best hand wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

I just feel in this case its dealer error.

If i was player B i ask questions of the house i guess.

If im player B i dont really expect player A to give it back.

If im player A im not giving it back.

If im player A im not giving it back.

Even if it's DAMO? lolz

What are ya talking about dude? You have to do what the floor manager tells you to do.

Advertisement