Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kreon .81 CD DRIVE ?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was just wondering do I need a certain CD drive to change frimware to Kreon .81 or can i do it with any cd drive e.g hitachi or EXTERNAL lacie cd drive ?

i read that samsungs are used to do this, i just dont want to have to spend money on a samsung cd drive to back up my 360 games.

Sorry if theres a thread already like this I'm new on this site :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Min-Bici wrote: »
    I was just wondering do I need a certain CD drive to change frimware to Kreon .81 or can i do it with any cd drive e.g hitachi or EXTERNAL lacie cd drive ?

i read that samsungs are used to do this, i just dont want to have to spend money on a samsung cd drive to back up my 360 games.

Sorry if theres a thread already like this I'm new on this site :):)

only certain drives can be moded with that firmware (version 1.0 is the newest btw;)). Those are samsung sh-d162 (b,c,d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Min-Bici

AWA NO WAYYYYYYYY .... does that mean if i get my xbox modded (BY YOU HA ) i cant copy any games unless i have that drive which prob costs another 30 euro ?:(:(:mad::mad:

:pac:---> kreon drive

Min-Bici wrote: »
    AWA NO WAYYYYYYYY .... does that mean if i get my xbox modded (BY YOU HA ) i cant copy any games unless i have that drive which prob costs another 30 euro ?:(:(:mad::mad:

:pac:---> kreon drive

life is full of nasty surprises

it doesn't need to be dual layer does it ?:eek::eek::eek:

it does.

btw no talking of downloading stuff here ;)

• Advertisement

wat downloading ;););) !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I'm not going to take any action seeing as you edited your post, (you should really thank docentore!)

I will say , make sure that you read the charter because if you break the rules again, I will hand out double the normal ban as im warning you individually.

Well anyways, maybe some one could advice better, but cant you use xbox drives modified with ixtreme 1.6 to do the same job as the kreon?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Well anyways, maybe some one could advice better, but cant you use xbox drives modified with ixtreme 1.6 to rip do the same job as the kreon?

I believe you can, there's a how to over on the iX forums

Advertisement