Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Higher 2001 Paper 1 Q6 part c (different solution)

Options
  • 15-12-2009 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I did the log of both sides for x before getting x(2/t +1) for dx/dt but didnt didnt get the log of both of sides for y and got (1+2/t) for dy/dt.After cancellation i was left with the desired 1/x.Can u use this method even though it wasnt in the marking scheme?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

what year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭eoins2345

sorry its 2001!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

eoins2345 wrote: »
    I did the log of both sides for x before getting x(2/t +1) for dx/dt but didnt didnt get the log of both of sides for y and got (1+2/t) for dy/dt.After cancellation i was left with the desired 1/x.Can u use this method even though it wasnt in the marking scheme?

Yes.

(Look at one of the recent marking schemes, and see point 7 under the "general directions to examiners".)

Advertisement