Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for college in England

Options
  • 15-12-2009 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Looking to apply to college in England/Scotland/Wales but I don't know how..
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Apply to UCAS on the net, fill in your information, college courses, personal statement, exam results, predictions for the leaving,etc. Send it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Apply to UCAS on the net, fill in your information, college courses, personal statement, exam results, predictions for the leaving,etc. Send it off.

Personal statement? What exam results? How can I predict my LC grades?
    It's so confusing to me

go on to the website, it tells you how to do everything. jc exam results or any toher results or qualifications. work experience, jobs, etc. just say what you think you'll get in the leaving. Personal statement is why you want to do the course, your qualities, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

go on to the website, it tells you how to do everything. jc exam results or any toher results or qualifications. work experience, jobs, etc. just say what you think you'll get in the leaving. Personal statement is why you want to do the course, your qualities, etc

Thanks so much :)
    any idea if it's hard to get in over there in general compared
    to here?
    Just with all the expected results and personal statement and stuff it sounds awkward and much more of a selection process than just getting the grades

It can be a good or a bad thing, depends on the situation. They take more things into account, so grades should be lower, but it depends on you, the course and the competition. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

put loads of work into the personal statement, they really look at that. I found this site to be endlessly helpful
    www.thestudentroom.co.uk
    don't forget deadlines and if you need to do any extra exams.

Advertisement