Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading Processor/Graphics Card Dell Dimension E520

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

lmimmfn wrote: »
    Overclock that E5200 moarrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually dialed it down from 3.8GHz as it was heavily overvolted and my CPU got a bit toasty in summer :o I was going to bring it back up once I got some very fine sandpaper to attack my Vanquisher (nice budget cooler if it didn't have the worst base finish I've ever seen on an aftermarket cooler, ever :mad: ) but now I'm focusing on the future - waiting for some mITX LGA1156 mobos to hit the market before proceeding with a warped casemod I've had in mind since the MINIX was released :D I doubt I'll have a higher-res monitor before then anyway... although if Dragon Age taxes my OCd HD4830 (doubtful) whenever I get around to buying it I might get a cheapo HD5750 right then and just use it with its stock cooler 'til the modding begins ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Solitaire wrote: »
    I actually dialed it down from 3.8GHz as it was heavily overvolted and my CPU got a bit toasty in summer :o I was going to bring it back up once I got some very fine sandpaper to attack my Vanquisher (nice budget cooler if it didn't have the worst base finish I've ever seen on an aftermarket cooler, ever :mad: ) but now I'm focusing on the future - waiting for some mITX LGA1156 mobos to hit the market before proceeding with a warped casemod I've had in mind since the MINIX was released :D I doubt I'll have a higher-res monitor before then anyway... although if Dragon Age taxes my OCd HD4830 (doubtful) whenever I get around to buying it I might get a cheapo HD5750 right then and just use it with its stock cooler 'til the modding begins ;)
    actually forgot there were no mITX i5 mobos yet. Ohhh Dragon Age, what an absolutely fantastic game, game of the year for me, its a bit meaty if you want to churn up the gfx though. Im 65hours in and still not finished :)

Advertisement