Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake eyelashes

• 15-12-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I'm getting fake eyelashes put on this weekend and have been suggested to go to Mac. Has anybody been and have any recommendations/suggestions etc? I'm going for a very voluminous look with a bit of length but not too much! Also does anyone know how much it is roughly and do I have to pay extra to have one of the Mac girls put them on when I buy them?! Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

not mac, but id highly recommend the girls aloud ones. i didnt put mine on myself, my friend did it for me, but im sure id be able to itd just take a little longer. i had the kimberly ones and they looked FAB :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I hummed and hawed over the Girls Aloud ones myself today; are they really that good? I'm just not sre which ones tho..I liked the Kim and and Sarah ones..

Regarding the mac ones, the girls will put them on for you there and then and it's included in the price afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I've only ever tried the Girls Aloud ones .... the Cheryl ones are scary drag-queen type ones, but the Nadine ones are fantastic. They're really easy to put on and stay on all night, and you can reuse them a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

qwerty2 wrote: »
    I'm getting fake eyelashes put on this weekend and have been suggested to go to Mac. Has anybody been and have any recommendations/suggestions etc? I'm going for a very voluminous look with a bit of length but not too much! Also does anyone know how much it is roughly and do I have to pay extra to have one of the Mac girls put them on when I buy them?! Thanks very much!

Got them there, I think the 10's or the 7's can't remember which. At the time they were €10 euro for the lashes and I think it was €7 for the glue but not sure on that one.. You do not have to pay extra for them to put them on. They are not that hard to put on yourself either.

But i guess you won't have to buy the glue if your not intending to reuse them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

Think MAC charge €11 for the lashes and application is free when you buy the lashes. Im a make up artist but personally I don't like MAC's false lashes, I think they're a little too long for most people's eyes and too flimsy. I love Eyelure lashes from Boots and also the Girls Aloud one's are excellent...Sarah's are my favourites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I really like Mac's number 7 lashes. They are quite natural and just give volume. The Mac girl in BT's gave me a good tip cause I have quite small eyes. Trim the false lashes to size on the outside and double up the extra bit over the end and stick to up the flutter of your outer lashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

the girls aloud lashes are only 5.99 in hickeys pharmacies at the mo!

ams wrote: »
    the girls aloud lashes are only 5.99 in hickeys pharmacies at the mo!

Tried the Kimberly ones last night and I love them; do people wear them everyday these days cos I want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭fi314

I agree the girls aloud lashes rock, so easy to apply and you can reuse them a few times, the glue is re-sealable.
    Tried mac a few times and they are defo not as good, they don't give as much defination to the eye...

Price wise they are a bargain at 5.99 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

i used to wear false eyelashes every day but only wear them when going on a nite out now. just bought myself a lovely pair in Hairspray the other day. all eyelashes there are €5 at the mo (except for one particular brand that are €9) and they stock a huge selection! only thing was the girl at the desk told me glue was included but when i got home there was none :( que mad rush to the Boots around the corner from my gaf to get some and ending up paying 11.00 for different lashes that came with glue cos they didnt sell glue seperately there. most people would recommend Duo eyelash glue which is used by most makeup artists. You can buy it in the lash bar in powerscourt centre and probably from MAC in BTs but IMO(and ive worn lashes for years) the glue that comes with standard lashes is better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 gorjess-girlie

Yeah I was looking everywhere for seperate eyelash glue the other day. How much are they usually, and do ya get much in them?

I also love the girls aloud ones, not Nicola's, they seem so pointless!!

I have tried both Kimberleys and Nadines (there was no set of Kimberleys to be found in three Hickeys!! Loads of Cheryls which I can't ever imagine wearing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

+ 1 for the girls aloud lashes!! I used the Kimberly ones the other night and they looked lovely, they are actually made by Eyelure!!
    The normal eyelure ones are great too, and if you have the patience the ones you stick on individually (as in a few lashes on each piece) are really natural looking!!
    Sorry, I don't actually know anything about the MAC ones, have never tried them!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I got the normal Eyelure lashes (the pre glued ones) and by the time I got them in place the glue had kinda come off.

Just wondering if it would be okay to buy glue and put a little on. I just looked in Boots but they had no glue :mad:

Would anyone have a recommendation of a glue? and where could I buy it?

Advertisement