Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Show had the best first episode?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭

so, out of the three Stargate series...( and there were only THREE! :mad: Infinity is set in the future, so technically, it never happened:o) which one does everybody think had the strongest first ep?

Stargate: SG-1

Stargate: Atlantis

Stargate: Universe

Which episode was better? 23 votes

SG-1 Children of the Gods
    0% 0 votes
    SG:A Rising
    60% 14 votes
    SG:U Air
    39% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,473 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Children had boobs and everything but Rising had everything that made Stargate Stargate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

SG1 started with the film which was great. I think the first episode and first few episodes of it were crap.

Atlantis started crap too.

Universe had some big explosion and a sex scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Atlantis, the wraith seemed like seriously awesome foes at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I don't think Universe should be counted as Stargate.

It's like saying Enterprise is Star Trek.

Maybe, if you like soap operas in space.

Ummm SG:A had maaaaaaaybe a better first ep than SG:1, but I didn't like it as I prefer SG:1 so I've got to stick with that really. To me, it was better because of my preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,584 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Enterprise IS star trek...
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i gave the edge to atlantis, children was class and was only slightly edged out, its was just such a leap going from p3x-666 to pagasus, youd feel like getting caught up in the moment of rising, discovering atlantis and finding a new foe, who really looked liked they be worthy advisaries, and even at the end they still where its just we knew to much about the wraith is what made them bad in the end, even in the end the wraith could summon hugh numbers and give atlantis another bashing,

universe was pretty poor, to much time jumping in the first part, and the rest just didnt give a great sense of exploration, (which is what they wanted to do,) and to me thats what any sci-fi show should have first and foremost, exploration, even BSG which didnt even try that angle pulled it off better than universe,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I voted for SG-1. But at the same time I have to give special mention to SGU. I expected SGU to be terrible. I thought it'd be Voyager for Stargate and I had no faith in Carlysle as a character. When I sat down to watch it I was blown away by how good it was and could be. It hasn't progressed as some would have hoped but I love it now.

Universe may not be Stargate. Deep Space Nine wasn't Star Trek. But both of them are my cup of tea. :)

GSPfan wrote: »
    I voted for SG-1. But at the same time I have to give special mention to SGU. I expected SGU to be terrible. I thought it'd be Voyager for Stargate and I had no faith in Carlysle as a character. When I sat down to watch it I was blown away by how good it was and could be. It hasn't progressed as some would have hoped but I love it now.

Universe may not be Stargate. Deep Space Nine wasn't Star Trek. But both of them are my cup of tea. :)
    DS-9 was probably the oddest offshoot to star trek, but it was pure trek none the less, and my personal favourite star trek series,

universe doesnt really fit the mould of what we call stargate, but im happy to tag along for the ride, (thers a distinct lack of gate so far)

season 2 is a go, and i can safely say there will be 4 seasons of universe, thats the great thing with it being on syfy, bar getting utter ****e ratings your almost guaranteed 4 seasons of any show,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Pity The Sarah Connor Chronicles didn't air on SYFY. Still can't believe thats gone. :mad:

Syfy are great aren't they. Stargate is blessed that Syfy exists.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Pity The Sarah Connor Chronicles didn't air on SYFY. Still can't believe thats gone. :mad:

Syfy are great aren't they. Stargate is blessed that Syfy exists.
    yeah that was an exccelent show that just got stronger, wouldnt expect anything less from network tv, jericho was another:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I voted for Children of the Gods. It was so great when I first saw it, and I also enjoyed the recent DVD cut of it.

2nd is Air, which I loved, and very different buy good step for the franchise, however nostalgia won out this time.

Volvagia wrote: »
    I voted for Children of the Gods. It was so great when I first saw it, and I also enjoyed the recent DVD cut of it.

2nd is Air, which I loved, and very different buy good step for the franchise, however nostalgia won out this time.
    personally thought they runied children of the gods, that would easily come in last for me (the recut one, original was way better), i couldnt even watch the whole thing, the smartness that made SG-1 was taken away,

also was on gateworld today saw they have a stargate timeline done,
    http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Timeline

Advertisement