Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog mating ... or not?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Ok I have a quick question.

I own a pair of labradors a dog and a bitch.

At present the bitch is in her third heat.

The dog is mounting her

But they are not tying.

Upon closer inspection I have noticed that the dog is grabbing her by the hips and there is a good 25cm gap between them when he has mounted her.

The dog has covered in the past so he should know what he is doing.

Any solutions to this problem?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Upon reflection I realise my comment may have been construed as harsh.

Apologies, I can't offer anything constructive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wow that's a pretty bitchy statement there, no pun intended. Everyone has to start somewhere and nobody should be slated for trying to find out more to help them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Any solutions to this problem?
    What exactly is the "problem"? If he's "covered" her before did she produce pups? If yes, then neither dogs have an issue here.You just need to be patient.;)

A female dog will only let a dog "tie" at peak fertility so your male might just be trying at any opportunity so it just mightnt be the right time just yet.

Advertisement