Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Glenomena like?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is there anyone currently living in Glenomena? How are you finding it? I've been commuting for the past 4 years to UCD and I've had enough of it, I want to be closer for my final year, which is going to be very hours intensive.
    I've seen the apartments and been in one, but to me they look quite uncomfortable ?
    Is the lack of an oven a problem ?
    What about noise, can it be noisy?
    Anything else anyone wants to add ?
    I know they are overrated in price, but I really dont want to have the hassle of having to go too far, I've had enough of commuting to last a lifetime!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Haven't lived in Glenomena, lived in Roebuck though, I have to say the lack of oven did my head in, combined with the severe restriction in fridge space! But it's easy enough to get over, get yourself one of thesehttp://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4228235/Trail/searchtext%3ECOOKWORKS.htm and you'll be sorted. Unless you're happy living on pasta. But students, living without pizza and chips? Not in my backyard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Ah now, living without an oven is ALOT easier than it sounds. I lived in Roebuck aswell and found it grand. Buy a wee George Foreman, the smallest ones (fit 2 chicken breasts) are only 20euro and cook meat a hell of alot quicker than an oven does. Stir-fries, pasta, anything with eggs, fry-ups etc. etc. are all easily done on the hob. Chips can even be done in a toasty bag! And if your really desperate for pizza, 4 euro for a readily cooked one in Centra does the job now and again.

The freezer is the only main problem I had but I bought a small one from Argos. Pool with your housemates and it'll be even cheaper and you'll be sorted!

Advertisement