Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Cocktails?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Are there any other hot alcoholic drinks besides Hot whiskey/port or mulled wine?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Aged rum, honey, lemon, hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

rubadub wrote: »
    Aged rum, honey, lemon, hot water.

That sounds promising

I normally drink Havana Club 3 or 7 year old.

Any particular way to mix it or just bung it in a glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

No real special method, I would add honey to boiling water to ensure it dissolves, and not honey first in the glass as it sticks to the glass more, also add water slowly and swish around the glass so it does not break. I drink just hot water & lemon on cold mornings, and sometimes honey. Just made sense to have it since I am not as fond of whiskey as I am of rum.

I'm a fan of the 3 y.o. Havana too :pac: Have some bacardi oro which is nice too.

Just remembered the other one I tried which was OK, hot apple juice & vodka, pressed apple juice is a million times nicer with vodka.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Alcoholic coffees?
    Irish coffee, most famously, but also baileys coffee, amaretto coffee...

I vaguely, but happily, remember a hot cocktail I had at a skiing resort a few years ago. Brandy Alexander or something?

Not a cocktail, but sake is very pleasant as a warm drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Alcoholic coffees?
    Irish coffee, most famously, but also baileys coffee, amaretto coffee...

I vaguely, but happily, remember a hot cocktail I had at a skiing resort a few years ago. Brandy Alexander or something?

Not a cocktail, but sake is very pleasant as a warm drink.

Thank you, was trying to think of drinks away from the norm, was very ill after drinking sake with my boss a few months ago so will prob steer clear of that :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement