Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Christmas Lights Thread.....

Options
  • 15-12-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Planning on taking the kids out for a drive at the weekend to go look at other houses christmas lights.. Anybody know where there are some good lit up houses or better a couple houses together?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Stab*City wrote: »
    Hi all,

Planning on taking the kids out for a drive at the weekend to go look at other houses christmas lights.. Anybody know where there are some good lit up houses or better a couple houses together?

Thanks

There is one out the old Tipperary road, between Morrisons bar and the railway bridge.

Seen a few others too, I will let you know when I remember where:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

there is a nice one out in westbury.... it was there the last few years. haaven't checked this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

i hear they have gone all out in patrickswell if anyone has seen and can confirm..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

A house or two up in Rathbane dressed to the hilt in Christmas lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Obriensbridge has a crazy house. There is even the guy from the house who dresses up as Santa and sits in a big throne in the garden once a week.

I don't know what day though. Pass the Clare side of the bridge and its around 100 mtrs on the left. Well frankly you cannot miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭otis

Berty wrote: »
    Obriensbridge has a crazy house. There is even the guy from the house who dresses up as Santa and sits in a big throne in the garden once a week.

I don't know what day though. Pass the Clare side of the bridge and its around 100 mtrs on the left. Well frankly you cannot miss it.

Unfortunately not any more - that guy has moved house about 2 years ago and taken his lights with him. However, he can be found around the village on Christmas Eve with a bucket of lollipops for all kids - makes my kids Christmas every year when they happen to bump into Santa Claus at random whilst going to the shop/playground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Berty wrote: »

Christy has moved house, but is still in circulation:D

there are 3 houses on the right hand side between Parteen and the longpavement, the roadside hedge is covering them a little but they are very well done,

Some on the ones I have seen are utterly ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

there is a nice one out in westbury.... it was there the last few years. haaven't checked this year...

There again this year. He turned on his lights last night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

There's one off Hyde road that looks like christmas threw up on it.

Advertisement