Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilcock dead zone

• 15-12-2009 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Does anybody that travels between Kilcock and Dublin know of any public transport in what seems to be a deadzone of 7pm and 11pm weekdays?

The OH works retail and gets off at 8pm some days. But from Dublin Bus 66, Bus Eireann 115 and the train, none of them operate between 7pm and 11pm. The last of all of them departing Dublin at 7pm.

So this leaves her stranded when she's off at 8. And lucky to get a late bus if she legs it when she's off at 7.

Surely the public transport operators must spot this big gap and realise there are a good few workers getting off around 7 and 8 that could do with an extra service.

Or is there something I'm missing for her to get home without having a car herself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭howiya

66 to Maynooth and a joe out the road to kilcock? Alternatively she could leave a bicycle in Maynooth and cycle the couple of miles to kilcock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

koHd wrote: »
    Does anybody that travels between Kilcock and Dublin know of any public transport in what seems to be a deadzone of 7pm and 11pm weekdays?
    <snip>

Or is there something I'm missing for her to get home without having a car herself?
    A coordinated transport policy with one body organising coordinated timetables amongst all transport operators, rail and bus?
    A body that designs transport services around the need of the user rather than a plain focus on driver rosters or whatever criterion is used currently (which could well be simply the chaos theory)

I live in germany for christ sake and have done my driving licence there mainly because i have given up on irish public transport on my time at home.

The car really is your only man if you want to do anything exotic like get about the place outside rush hour.
    Sad but true (but ireland)

Advertisement