Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teams in massive debt.... Glitch?

Options
  • 15-12-2009 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Right. I'm in my third season of manager mode and I went to pick Hartlepool and they've got a massive debt of 2.5 billion. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can't buy anyone or anything. Anyone else experience anything like this with either this team or any other team along the way in their manager career?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

That_Guy wrote: »
    Right. I'm in my third season of manager mode and I went to pick Hartlepool and they've got a massive debt of 2.5 billion. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Can't buy anyone or anything. Anyone else experience anything like this with either this team or any other team along the way in their manager career?

Yup, season 2 joined Drogheda Utd 2.5 billion in debt!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Acrington Stanley are 2.5 billion in debt too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

WTF! that's mad. It's getting quite annoying with all these bugs.

In my game i was playing as Inter Milan. The board confidence went down a massive chunk after a league game, it said "you shouldn't be making offers for players we can't afford" i wouldn't mind but we had 120 million in the transfer kitty and the transfer window was closed, so there was no way we could've bid for anyone anyway.... really annoying! got sacked the next game after a 2:2 draw that left us 5th after 12 games! (had to finish season in top 4 for expectations)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ye i remember chelsea i think in 07 without buying any players or anything would lose like a couple of hundred grand a week even if playing at home.And im not sure if they do it in 10 but they sacked ya for it.So Chelsea we're basically unplayable

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing bugs like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

This glitch happened me too..

Im also having problems achieveing the challenging schedule achievement I went through the whole Scottish league friendlies and all and didnt get it!! It took so long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Happened to me yesterday with Derry, I was sacked with Chelsea so I decided to pick Derry :o,
    It shows how real the game is though when they implement the recession into it :P:pac::pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

is there a fix coming? arggh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

doesn't look like it, i tried it again same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Its bloddy rediculous. League One to Premier League, then moved to Bayern, 4 and a half star rep, and then I go into debt. Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-feedback-suggestions/826714-manager-mode-glitches-thread.html

Pretty comprehensive list of fault with manager mode can be found at the above. Some of them that he lists I can live with, but there are some, like the -2.5 billion glitch, that are complete gamebreakers...

I think they claimed over 50 improvements, but it just looks like 50 bugs. They actually tried to sell the game based on the strength of manager mode.

I only played half a season of it (and got sacked), but for one mode thats supposed to be one of the main selling points of the game, this looks ridiculous.

Doesn't bode well for Ultimate Team 10.... how I'd love a fast trading system, and the game not to freeze every time I win a tournament.. both of which plagued 09. Heres hoping....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

I'm almost got sacked for winning the League Cup with Accrington in my 3rd season! The reason being that while I was playing (and winning) the final, the team in 2nd played a game and took over me on goal difference in the league.

I wouldn't mind but I had 3 games in hand on the team that overtook me AND my target for the season was avoid relegation! Not to mention winning the league cup from the Championship!

Advertisement