Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knocking kitchen/dining room into one

Options
  • 15-12-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a builder and has any idea of costings, we are looking to knock our kitchen and dining room into one. At present our sitting room and living room are one large long room and our kitchen is separate. We plan to divide our living room off from the new kitchen/diner. We need to relocate electrics and radiators. Take down a wall, RSJ, new stud wall and double doors, plastering, tiling etc etc. Hoping to change wooden backdoor to pvc and existing PVC sliding door with PVC french doors. I know its a bit of a list but I think its straightforward enough. We've not got any estimates for the works yet, hoping someone could give us an idea of costs, if anyone else has undertaken this please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gs80

Hi Im not sure what part of the country your in but I could reamend someone if you want a small builder did some work for us and a very nice man Im only new here and dont think I can post his name so if your stuck PM me and I will send details.

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭skippy15

Hi i bought a house this year and got this done, made a lot of extra add ons along the way too-knocked downa few walls opened the place up/ researched a lot of door options etc:
    let me know where your based and if you want ill pm you details on builder and any of the others bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ykellser

Am based in Dublin West. Would like to know what doors you went with, am looking into pocket door/folding doors rather than the bog standard to avoid loosing space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Get at least 3 written quotes from 3 Building Contractors.

Make sure all works are included in the quote - its worth doing your homework on this as it will save you time and money.
    It should be fairly straight forward if the dividing wall is not structural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Ykellser

Dividing wall is structural, I know there is more work involved. Plan on getting a few quotes to compare prices.

• Advertisement
Advertisement