Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity BB Post While Watching Thread (** Spoilers - See Post #1! **)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Oh...he survived did he?

Don't know .. I switched over to BBBM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Heidi's brother died a week before she entered the house. She still entered CBB rather than go to the funeral :confused::confused::confused:

http://perezhilton.com/2010-01-06-heidi-fleiss-devastated-by-brothers-death

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Ann22 wrote: »
    It's wrapped around his head about six times, the most ridiculous comb-over I've ever seen in my life. i saw a photo of him going up the steps of a plane and it's all blowing out behind him it must be down to his waist:D..i just can't concentrate on the show at all for looking at his hair:D:D:D:D

Or it's a removable object like his wives.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I'm looking forward to Alex and Vinnie clashing eventually. There was a bit of tension there after the contest with Vinnie taking digs at Alex. Anyone taking bets on the fight yet? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

tech2 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Alex and Vinnie clashing eventually. There was a bit of tension there after the contest with Vinnie taking digs at Alex. Anyone taking bets on the fight yet? :D

Vinnie all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Or it's a removable object like his wives.:pac:
    Haha..yeah imagine:). I've heard he loves his hair and refuses to change it. He must think he's lovely, he does this thing with his mouth as well..like a little pout. Just loves himself.

Ann22 wrote: »
    .i just can't concentrate on the show at all for looking at his hair:D:D:D:D

Letterman has been the only one to say it to his face.. :)

Very apt also that Hookers are mentioned here too ;)

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Letterman has been the only one to say it to his face.. :)

Very apt also that Hookers are mentioned here too ;)

Deadly! Thanks a mil for that:D:D:D That was so funny! What's wrong with him....feck sake:o.

no, sorry about that, i am prone to ranting

ummm...i have a problem with modern women like sov/katia but i adore women like steph, women who aren't afraid to be woman and although nicola is not my type i love genuine girls like her who don't necessarily think kindness and integrity are signs of weakness

I'm not pushed on Katia myself but Sov hasn't really done or said anything to make me dislike her. As for Nicola though, if you've watched many BB series before you'd know that people of an obviously lower intelligence always endear themselves to the public..ie Brian Belo (bb8), Helen Adams (bb2), Jade Goody(bb3) Sophie Reade (bb10). Maybe Nicola is genuine but i have my doubts. From the first night she's been going out of her way to declare how stupid she is and how she can't understand what they're all talking about..yeah right:rolleyes:.

Wtf...:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Where did those posts go? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

crallerduck was a rereg of a banned account (or two), and was sitebanned by the admins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Where did those posts go? :confused:
    It is called Modding. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Heidi: "i take care of exotic birds".
    That's the best euphemism i've ever heard. :p

Feck..I thought for a minute I did something to erase the new person:D
    I'm away to me bed I think, see y'all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

The BBBM sketches are horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Jonas needs to back off Katja imo, although it does draw attention to himself which is good for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

and stephen looks constantly stoned ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

pookie82 wrote: »
    I wish someone WOULD react and tell him to shut tfu. I would have taken him aside and told him not to preach, pray or peddle his crazy ideas in my presence any longer.

I initially thought ah a christian nut, this will be fun to watch, but his perpetuation of the reality that there are people like this who exist in the world depresses/enrages me too much to enjoy it.

Why shouldn't he pray or share his views? Just curious.

It's not as if there is a no religion requirement in the Big Brother house.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jakkass wrote: »

I don't think anyone's suggesting that he can't share his views, but he constantly shoves it in other people's faces, which I don't think is fair.

• Advertisement

He is probably taking it a bit too personal. However, some of the posts on this thread alone are a bit extreme from the secular end.

It seems that he is coming from the right intention, but is executing it badly. I can see why he as a Christian would make his faith public to be seen by the viewers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

Because the man is clearly mentally ill. He advocates his daughter being shot in the face rather than deny god. I draw the line at having respect for such utter idiocy. He roams the house having bible readings, preaching and shoving it in people's faces, making them all wait three mins before eating while he rants over everyone's food and speaks for the whole room.

If he wanted to go off and pray on his own for however long a day, fair enough. Shoving it down people's necks is bang out of order, and he is clearly making people uncomfortable to the extent that they are now leaving the room when he starts it.

The biggest problem here is the fear that speaking out against this kind of tripe spouting will be seen as being intolerant, which is why Sov reluctantly asked if they could possibly object to the bible bashing before apparently deciding that it would be frowned upon and go against her.

Looks like they're finally seeing it for what it is though and openly acknowledging his un-hingedness.

But I'm not going to derail this thread further by entering into a debate on why religious extremists and fundamentalists should not be inflicted on greater society. I have made myself and my reasons clear and if you want to engage in a religious debate take it to the appropriate forum.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Could this mean that Donald Trump maybe used Heidi's ... *ahem* ... services back in the day??

This was my first thought exactly when I saw her face :D

Because the man is clearly mentally ill. He advocates his daughter being shot in the face rather than deny god. I draw the line at having respect for such utter idiocy.

I think his point is, that if his daughter believed in Christianity and got killed, although it would be terrible, she would receive eternal life in heaven. If his daughter lived a full life and died rejecting God, she would probably be in hell.

It really wasn't a necessary addition though nor was it appropriate.
    He roams the house having bible readings, preaching and shoving it in people's faces, making them all wait three mins before eating while he rants over everyone's food and speaks for the whole room.

I have no issue with the Bible reading, expressing his views or prayers. It is the manner in which he is doing so that is the problem.
    If he wanted to go off and pray on his own for however long a day, fair enough. Shoving it down people's necks is bang out of order, and he is clearly making people uncomfortable to the extent that they are now leaving the room when he starts it.

See above.
    The biggest problem here is the fear that speaking out against this kind of tripe spouting will be seen as being intolerant, which is why Sov reluctantly asked if they could possibly object to the bible bashing before apparently deciding that it would be frowned upon and go against her.

I agree with you to an extent. He's doing it in the wrong way. There isn't a problem with the reading, or with the prayers per sé. It's how he does it.
    But I'm not going to derail this thread further by entering into a debate on why religious extremists and fundamentalists should not be inflicted on greater society. I have made myself and my reasons clear and if you want to engage in a religious debate take it to the appropriate forum.

They have a right to express their views in greater society too. I'm discussing about Stephen at the minute.

I think his point is, that if his daughter believed in Christianity and got killed, although it would be terrible, she would receive eternal life in heaven. If his daughter lived a full life and died rejecting God, she would probably be in hell.

It really wasn't a necessary addition though nor was it appropriate.

I have no issue with the Bible reading, expressing his views or prayers. It is the manner in which he is doing so that is the problem.

See above.

I agree with you to an extent. He's doing it in the wrong way. There isn't a problem with the reading, or with the prayers per sé. It's how he does it.

They have a right to express their views in greater society too. I'm discussing about Stephen at the minute.

On your first point there, he's advocating that she ALLOW HERSELF TO BE KILLED rather than deny god verbally. Totally different to just being killed and going to heaven.

He's going about it in a completely unnecessary and obnoxious way and most people seem too afraid to speak against it in case they'll be slated for not having respect for his views. Which we seem to largely agree on.

My problem is that a rational and sane being should not be required to respect utter bullsh*t because it's dressed up as religion. He became extremely defensive and obnoxious when challenged yesterday by Alex and co. If he is going to advocate Christianity and all its trappings then he should be prepared to engage in a tolerant debate. Doesn't look like he likes being challenged at all. The guy has a serious superiority complex that seems directly attached to his religious beliefs and that has a habit of repulsing people.

Seriously though Jackass, I know that you get involved in many religious debates on boards and I REALLY don't want to drag this thread down that route with you. We can agree to disagree to an extent I think it's fair to say.

But he's going about it in a completely unnecessary and obnoxious way and most people seem too afraid to speak against it in case they'll be slated for not having respect for his views. Which we seem to largely agree on.

We do, but this doesn't mean that he should necessarily stop praying or stop reading the Bible, but rather change his approach.

As I said already, he seems to have the right intention
    My problem is that a rational and sane being should not be required to respect utter nonsense (change mine) because it's dressed up as religion. He became extremely defensive and obnoxious when challenged yesterday by Alex and co. If he is going to advocate Christianity and all its trappings then he should be prepared to engage in a tolerant debate. Doesn't look like he likes being challenged at all. The guy has a serious superiority complex that seems directly attached to his religious beliefs and that has a habit of repulsing people.

What's the utter nonsense (toned it down a bit)? The Christianity or the execution of it?

I think one should be ready for a debate, but I don't think Stephen should stop expressing his faith. Indeed, I think it's quite brave of him to do so. For example, were I on Big Brother, I wouldn't change my habits such as praying, and reading the Bible. No doubt I probably would talk to some about my faith if it were right to do so.

I think he's also mindful of the TV audience as well as the other housemates. I.E that he has an audience to share his beliefs with.
    Seriously though Jackass, I know that you get involved in many religious debates on boards and I REALLY don't want to drag this thread down that route with you. We can agree to disagree to an extent I think it's fair to say.

I'm saying is, if you are criticising someone's behaviour, you should be open to discuss it.

I'm saying is, if you are criticising someone's behaviour, you should be open to discuss it.

And I have above. I'm not going to turn it into an elongated religious debate with you though - we have drastically different views on it and we have often argued elsewhere on these forums.

I'm not going down that route with you yet again here.

Jackass, this is a thread about watching Big Brother.

It is crystal clear that your not watching it or you wouldn't be saying he is just "praying".

The man is trying to turn the show into an evangelist broadcast.

I actually hope he does more of it but for far different reasons than you do.

And as for your comments re the "secular end" ??

Cop on.

The comments made were from regular BB viewers with NO agenda.

Comments a from regular posters, who will post on whatever topic happens to come up as a result of the show.

You, on the other hand..

OutlawPete: I've already clearly said I disagree with how he is doing it. Read my posts. I don't disagree with him either praying, or reading the Bible, but with how he is doing it.

Some of the posts on the thread so far about it do go a bit far.

• Advertisement

OutlawPete: I've already clearly said I disagree with how he is doing it. Read my posts. I don't disagree with him either praying, or reading the Bible, but with how he is doing it.

Some of the posts on the thread so far about it do go a bit far.

Big Brother is a TV Pantomime for spoiled celebs.

We are supposed to tear them apart and eat them for breakfast.

That is what the show is about.

Then when they leave the house, we cry and are sorry for what we said :)

That's BB.

Nobody has an agenda here Jakkass.

Advertisement