Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity BB Post While Watching Thread (** Spoilers - See Post #1! **)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'm merely discussing it, alas it appears that it isn't kosher for me to, so I best leave it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Jakkass wrote: »
    I'm merely discussing it, alas it appears that it isn't kosher for me to, so I best leave it here.

"Discuss" it all you wish.

I am no Mod.

I have read your posts by the way and there is a difference between 'discussions' and 'confrontations' though, which is something I don't think you seem to get. Nobody minds talking about things.

Why don't you just take on board people's opinions and you just might see that they are in fact quite justified in having them, whether you agree with them or not.

Watch the show and then post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

"Take on board" - means don't disagree.

I don't think it's a confrontation to ask questions about why someone thinks something about someone in the house. But alas, I'll not post again, it appears my opinion isn't welcome.

Stop playng innocent victim. You generally have the same agenda in every thread you partake of and this is no different. If you genuinely want to come on here and discuss ALL aspects of the house, feel free.

But you just want to tackle the religious angle and derail the thread with it.

How is it confrontational to disagree with how someone regards something? It appears that holding a different opinion on this to everyone else isn't acceptable on this thread.

What I do agree on is that he isn't dealing with it the right way, what I do not agree on is that he should stop being himself (a Christian) in the house.

If you have a problem with my posts, report them to the mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Your quite welcome to post here.

I had a problem with one thing that you said, which was:
    some of the posts on this thread alone are a bit extreme from the secular end.

There is no 'Secular' end here, just people watching TV.
    what I do not agree on is that he should stop being himself (a Christian) in the house..
    :rolleyes:

This is confrontational Jakkass!

NOBODY said he should "stop being himself (a Christian) in the house"

You may find some comments "extreme", but maybe we find this extreme:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Jakkass, do you watch Big Brother? Have you been watching what we've been watching?

If so, then you'll have seen Stephen force his opinion on people. Most others in the house are clearly uninterested and uncomfortable by his behaviour, and that encourages him moreso. That, frankly, is rude.

If not, then you've no idea what you're talking about in this particular situation. I know you like to have input in any thread that mentions religion, but honestly...this isn't even about religion. This is about a man being obnoxious, rude, and as far as I'm concerned - fake.

If you compare him with Sisqo, who is also religious - you can see the difference. Sisqo is comfortable and secure in his faith. Stephen seems to need constant validation or something the way he goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

It's not the fact that he is yabbering on about religion all the time that is annoying, it would be equally annoying if he was yabbering on about " the stock exchange" all the time.....

It's the fact that he never shuts up about it and religion is something that should be not pushed upon people

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I think one should be ready for a debate, but I don't think Stephen should stop expressing his faith. Indeed, I think it's quite brave of him to do so.
    He's brave to intrude as much and as constantly as he does?

Like, watch this bit here and seriously tell us if you think he's being reasonable, either in his presentation, or in what he's saying:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/celebrity-big-brother/4od#3020320

At 1:10, he bores the pants off somebody lying on a bed
    At 3:40, he says that he'd prefer to see his daughter murdered rather than hear her say that his personal religious views are false.

Does anybody else, btw, feel that Baldwin appears to teeter on the edge of violence?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

robindch wrote: »
    Does anybody else, btw, feel that Baldwin appears to teeter on the edge of violence?

I don't know about violent, but he does go for the intimidating/domineering approach. He leans in over people, points at them, gets really intense etc. Gets really close to them, invades personal space etc.

Edit: Btw, this is when he's giving advice and preaching at people. Wouldn't like to see him when he actually gets angry.

I've reported two posts to bring this to the mods attention to clear up whether my discussing of Stephen is kosher. I think that's probably the best approach.

robindch - My issue isn't with Stephen praying, giving his opinion, or reading the Bible, but rather how he is doing it. For example, if he asked people if they want to do a Bible study that might be better than reading it infront of everyone without their explicit consent.

As for what he said about his daughter, that is entirely his own opinion.

• Advertisement

Baldwin gives "bible bashers" a bad name:D and that's hard enough to do. He reminds me of one of those guys you see on the religion programmes on Sky.......

I have to admit that I have in the past clicked in to scan down thru those programmes and seriously wonder how in the world do people actually listen to these people ???:confused:

It only has to be a matter of time before he seriously winds up one of the others into saying something:D and that I can't wait to see.....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Can I politely ask that those who want to discuss the religious side of Celebrity Big Brother move the discussion over to the Celeb BB thread in Atheism and Agnosticism? Either that, or start a new thread in Christianity. I'm not sure the Reality TV forum is the best place for a serious religious debate. Thanks....

I've reported two posts to bring this to the mods attention to clear up whether my discussing of Stephen is kosher. I think that's probably the best approach.

robindch - My issue isn't with Stephen praying, giving his opinion, or reading the Bible, but rather how he is doing it. For example, if he asked people if they want to do a Bible study that might be better than reading it infront of everyone without their explicit consent.

As for what he said about his daughter, that is entirely his own opinion.

Okay man.......GET THIS.....

It is Celebrity Big Brother, We are more interested in the amount of women he shagged when he was on his drink and drugs benders than his relationship with god.....We know it is shallow and pedantic but we don't give a rats a*s. :D

That is our choice, if we wanted a god discussion we would go to our local bible group each night at 9pm but we don't. The same for the people in the house.

The man is a bible preaching bore.End of:mad:

He is welcome to his religion but he should shut up about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is creepy when he gets on about it and frankly I can't wait for Heidi to let rip with him about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

DS:

Heidi told Stephanie this afternoon that she has to leave the Big Brother house due to "personal issues".

The former Hollywood madam's brother Jason drowned in a freak accident just days before the show began.

Stephanie told Heidi that she would be "upset" if she left, but respected that it was her own decision.

Stephanie said: "Can we give you a facial or something pathetic like that?"

Heidi told Stephanie that she was "sweet" to offer but was "already in the zone".

Later Stephanie joined Vinnie in the kitchen and revealed that she was "surprisingly upset" by Heidi's talk of leaving.

I think she made the right decision to be honest.
    The BB house was not the right place for her while all this stuff was going on in her head.
    At least she'll be able to deal with her grief when shes out.

DS:

The BB house was not the right place for her while all this stuff was going on in her head.

Definitely best for her to not be in the house whilst dealing with that kind of grief as well as listen to Baldwin harping on about God at this time. Certainly wouldn't help her frame of mind:(

I quite liked her:)

DS:

Really disapointed by this, she was my favourite housemate and had great potential. Don't think she gave all she had to give by a long shot.

Is she def gone??

robindch wrote: »

Well he does get a crazy gleam in his eye when he preaches and I really didn't like the way he turned nasty on Alex last night in the "oxygen" conversation when he acted like a bully and got pretty aggressive, body language-wise.

The guy hates to be challenged.

Also, as I have said before, advocating your daughter taking a bullet in the head for her religion isn't a million miles away from blowing her up for the same cause IMO. Therefore I do think that he could stretch to violence if he felt his religion warranted it.

But that's just my feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

I quite liked her:)

She is/was far and away my favourite.... the only one I'd pick up the phone to vote for. Granted she's had her fair share of quite time but I think that's probably due to the death of her brother, but even at that she's the most interesting one in there.

I find the Jonas/Katia thing ott, and quite unsettling. I wonder if it's just me or is it really strange to lie in bed with someone you like, in front of others you hardly know and behave the way they do. Soooo suprised someone hasn't told them to get a bloody room lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Feck ,Vinny really dislikes Alex and he clearly can't see it. Is he telling the truth about his past fights? I feel a bit sorry for him now.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

that is funny Stephanie in the bath with a cup of tea. What a lovely start to the day !!

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Feck ,Vinny really dislikes Alex and he clearly can't see it. Is he telling the truth about his past fights? I feel a bit sorry for him now.:(

I don't think Vinny dislikes him - i think he is slagging, Alex is able to take it ok

Ann22 wrote: »

He put him on the spot for sure, but at least he did say Alex is a bit too honest for his own good sometimes.

I'm glad Heidi said something though, enough to draw attention to what Vinnie is doing.

Though Vinnie is a wind up merchant by his own admission.:pac:

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I don't think Vinny dislikes him - i think he is slagging, Alex is able to take it ok

Maybe you're right. Vinny always seems like he wants to put him on the spot. I do think Alex irritates him tho' but Alex takes it in good heart as he's a bit simple.. I can imagine them meeting on a night out and Vinny battering him:D

Stephen would be a laugh if he wasn't always harping on about the Bible. I like listening to people laughing the way he does...that wheezy kind of sound he makes:D.

Stephanie's getting all sweaty under the armpits thinking about Vinnie.:D

What a way to say it.:pac:

I'm not sure if C4 should have let Heidi Kleiss into the house, don't think she is well enough in herself yet.
    The brother dying and recently after coming out of rehab is a lot on anyone.

Is it true what was said earlier?

Dunno :(

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    I'm not sure if C4 should have let Heidi Kleiss into the house, don't think she is well enough in herself yet.
    The brother dying and recently after coming out of rehab is a lot on anyone.

That was probably even MORE of a reason to let her in in their eyes

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Sov all dolled up nice with proper make up and her hair all done. I'd say she'd be quite pretty.

Advertisement