Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity BB Post While Watching Thread (** Spoilers - See Post #1! **)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Come on Alex! Can't believe how wrong my first impressions of him were. I'm backing him now for the win!

Can't help but feel Ivana is great value at 50/1 though.. she's very down to earth considering her status. Don't think Vinnie will win and I think his stint in the house may actually end up damaging the respect he's earned as people see what he's really (did we ever doubt) like, a pretty angry man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

pookie82 wrote: »
    Vinny Jones just galls me more and more with each passing evening. How dare he sit around with Stephen (who is far more in need of a good cop-yourself-on-chat) and tell Alex who he is, what he's about and what he needs to do now. It was so rotten to tell him straight out that he wouldn't take 5 million to be in a movie with him. Who the f*ck is Vinny Jones anyway? Some ex footballer who's acted like a knacker in some movies and is now scaling the heights of stardom in the CBB house. The guy is a d*ck and his hair looks totally stupid. I wish someone would tell him to wind his neck in. He has had it in for Alex from day one and he's trying to conceal downright bullying as constructive criticism.

Granted Alex is pretty gulliable but deep down I think he's a nice guy. Although I did have my doubts when he was praying :eek:

I don't agree with this, I think Vinnie has actually warmed to Alex over the course of the show because he realises why he's had so much in the media about him (poor self-management). I genuinely believe he was trying to do him a favour the other night by telling him how he should proceed now. Its important he tells him now, as, as soon as he leaves the house, thats when the plan needs to kick into action. His not doing a film for £5million was a very valid point, Vinny meant before the show had gone out, based on his perception of Alex from what he saw in the tabloids. With a good manager for Alex when he comes out, he could easily achieve his goal of changing peoples opinions of him. And I think Vinny will continue to mentor him in the house, hopefully resulting in an argument with steve about the bible bashing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I'm really surprised with Alex. I don't read the tabloids, but it's hard not to at least hear who's always in them by watching tv and stuff. And from that limited exposure of Jordan and Alex I always got the impression that he was a raging lunatic. A real bad boy that's a cage fighter and gets up to all sorts. He seems the total opposite.

I get the impression that he likes the idea of being famous but hasn't a bleeding clue how to deal with the press, and certainly isn't as thick skinned as Jordan when it comes to dealing with the abuse.

He seems like a nice enough bloke but if he wants a career in the media he really needs to get himself a good advisor and a PR agent otherwise he won't last very long.

Sov didn't do herself any favours last night either. It was a bad night (night before evictions) to put herself in such a negative light. I don't really care if either her or Katia go but I think it'd be a real shame if Heidi was to go this early as Heidi's stories alone are enough to warrant her stay for at least another while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

zuroph wrote: »
    I don't agree with this, I think Vinnie has actually warmed to Alex over the course of the show because he realises why he's had so much in the media about him (poor self-management). I genuinely believe he was trying to do him a favour the other night by telling him how he should proceed now. Its important he tells him now, as, as soon as he leaves the house, thats when the plan needs to kick into action. His not doing a film for £5million was a very valid point, Vinny meant before the show had gone out, based on his perception of Alex from what he saw in the tabloids. With a good manager for Alex when he comes out, he could easily achieve his goal of changing peoples opinions of him. And I think Vinny will continue to mentor him in the house, hopefully resulting in an argument with steve about the bible bashing.

That would all be fair and well in my eyes if it was done with common decency. Vinny talks to Alex like he's a piece of dirt and frequently in front of others. He is openly vitriolic and condescending when he addresses him. If he genuinely like the guy and was "taking him under his wing" so to speak, then there are far nicer ways of going about it.

I have no objection to anyone telling Alex (in a civilised fashion) to get a grip and stop feeding the media frenzy with crazy stories. But Vinny's behaviour has a decidedly bullying tone to it now and it's not pleasant to watch IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Am I the only one who cannot stand Stephanie. She is an absolute bitch and is manipulating Vinnie BIG TIME. Watch how she behaves whenever Vinnie gets into a temper, she keep prodding him and egging him on, fueling the fire so to speak. She is totally two faced and is the biggest snob in there. Talk about a shit-stirrer.

Alex Reid in the diary room last night hit it on the head regarding the different camps forming in the house. Looks like the older ones are starting to bully the younger ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

RonMexico wrote: »
    Am I the only one who cannot stand Stephanie. She is an absolute bitch and is manipulating Vinnie BIG TIME. Watch how she behaves whenever Vinnie gets into a temper, she keep prodding him and egging him on, fueling the fire so to speak. She is totally two faced and is the biggest snob in there. Talk about a shit-stirrer.

Alex Reid in the diary room last night hit it on the head regarding the different camps forming in the house. Looks like the older ones are starting to bully the younger ones.

Fully agree with you on Stephanie and the older ones. Stephanie gets a huge kick out of bitching about the "younger ones"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

monkey see monkey do,

Vinny is Stephen's buddy two alpha males (me hole) when Stephen mentioned the tossed salad, Vinny nearly tossed himself off, jumping in to agree with with him,

I notice when Vinny is alone with the matriarchs (me hole) he tends to bitch a lot more,

Dane confronted him about the food issue or the dinner preparing issue, and Vinny said a few things but when it was Nicola he just ranted on,

now today he is in the kitchen with Dane and asking him is this ok to use is that ok to do, he see Dane as someone who will bite back so now has decided to grow an alliance with him,

I think you will see him have a few swipes at Stephen when himself and Dane are talking alone.

but Dane is to wise for his ****e, he will play along just to appease him.

That would all be fair and well in my eyes if it was done with common decency. Vinny talks to Alex like he's a piece of dirt and frequently in front of others. He is openly vitriolic and condescending when he addresses him. If he genuinely like the guy and was "taking him under his wing" so to speak, then there are far nicer ways of going about it.

I have no objection to anyone telling Alex (in a civilised fashion) to get a grip and stop feeding the media frenzy with crazy stories. But Vinny's behaviour has a decidedly bullying tone to it now and it's not pleasant to watch IMO.
    The Bullying word gets thrown about far too much when it comes to BB. I don't think there's even a hint of bullying in what he says or does. Its just how some men talk to each other. Its stuff that needs to be said, and he's being frank about it, Vinnie aint the type to worry about hurting people feelings and gets to the point, but he's trying to help Alex. similarily, in the kitchen with Sov, he tried to help her out and spoke a lot of sense. I much prefer if someones giving me advice not to sugar coat it and just say it how it is. Alex needed that wake up call that if he continued in the vein he's going, he's not going to realise his dream of acting. And IMO he didnt have the cop on to realise it unless it was spelled out to him. If you see a remarkable change in how Alex presents himself in the media after the show, an awful lot of that will be down to Vinnie, and Alex will be indebted to him.
    I sure hope the rumours of jordan playing away are true, he needs to detach himself from that septic tank before she overflows.

fintonie wrote: »
    monkey see monkey do,

Vinny is Stephen's buddy two alpha males (me hole) when Stephen mentioned the tossed salad, Vinny nearly tossed himself off, jumping in to agree with with him,

See, I don't see this either. In what I see, vinnie is tolerating Steve and is avoiding the argument about religion, but really he has no respect for him whatsoever, its just keeping the peace. I think the tossed salad jumping in was because he was actually surprised Steve had made such a valid point.

The Bullying word gets thrown about far too much when it comes to BB. I don't think there's even a hint of bullying in what he says or does. Its just how some men talk to each other. Its stuff that needs to be said, and he's being frank about it, Vinnie aint the type to worry about hurting people feelings and gets to the point, but he's trying to help Alex. similarily, in the kitchen with Sov, he tried to help her out and spoke a lot of sense. I much prefer if someones giving me advice not to sugar coat it and just say it how it is. Alex needed that wake up call that if he continued in the vein he's going, he's not going to realise his dream of acting. And IMO he didnt have the cop on to realise it unless it was spelled out to him. If you see a remarkable change in how Alex presents himself in the media after the show, an awful lot of that will be down to Vinnie, and Alex will be indebted to him.
    I sure hope the rumours of jordan playing away are true, he needs to detach himself from that septic tank before she overflows.

Well you see if it were one isolated incident (like just last night's conversation) I wouldn't be so adamant that Vinny was just being mean. The thing is I don't think I've watched an episode yet where he hasn't laid into Alex over something or other.

Vinny has a reputation as a tough guy who tells it like it is but to be honest he'd just coming across as an aggressive and irritable old crank to me.

• Advertisement

See, I don't see this either. In what I see, vinnie is tolerating Steve and is avoiding the argument about religion, but really he has no respect for him whatsoever, its just keeping the peace. I think the tossed salad jumping in was because he was actually surprised Steve had made such a valid point.

Why though? If he's such a hard a*s who sets everyone straight and tells it like it is why on earth is he licking Stephen's ar*e? You say yourself above "Its stuff that needs to be said, and he's being frank about it, Vinnie aint the type to worry about hurting people feelings and gets to the point, but he's trying to help Alex." Then why not get to the point with the one who REALLY needs a dose of reality?

Or does he only pick his fights with soft people like Alex who don't bite back? I think if he pushed Stephen he'd have a massive psycho fit on his hands so he picks on the ones who have no defence for themselves instead.

Sorry forgot to add that when he did take Sov aside and give her advice he was a lot friendlier about it in my eyes. He didn't seem to have that aggressive and domineering air he adopts with Alex.

RonMexico wrote: »

Ya can't stand her either. "The farting classes". What an idiot.

Why though? If he's such a hard a*s who sets everyone straight and tells it like it is why on earth is he licking Stephen's ar*e? You say yourself above "Its stuff that needs to be said, and he's being frank about it, Vinnie aint the type to worry about hurting people feelings and gets to the point, but he's trying to help Alex." Then why not get to the point with the one who REALLY needs a dose of reality?

Or does he only pick his fights with soft people like Alex who don't bite back? I think if he pushed Stephen he'd have a massive psycho fit on his hands so he picks on the ones who have no defence for themselves instead.

Sorry forgot to add that when he did take Sov aside and give her advice he was a lot friendlier about it in my eyes. He didn't seem to have that aggressive and domineering air he adopts with Alex.

:D yes I can see it now, Stephen going psycho that is, he has the eyes for it and readily uses them when required,

but I don't think Vinny would be worried about Stephen going psycho the guy did get glassed and received over 70 stitches in the head/face region.

but if the wrong thing is said to Lazarus I do believe you are right he will lose the plot (ok well he has done this already) I can see him running around flaying arms, speaking in tongues and quoting from the koran

Because he's dealing with each person how they need to be dealt with. He was softer with sov but got her attention and you could see it in her eyes. He's got Alex's attention and has really taken on the mentor role, even training with him as a coach.

Have you ever had an argument with a born-again christian though? Its not good, its a cyclical argument, to which they've been given an answer to dodge any question. He's not licking up to steve IMO, he avoids him as much as is possible, but notice stephen doesnt push the religious stuff around vinnie, only when he's not around. If Vinnie had seen that ****e in the snug last night with alex and steve, u can be sure he'd be having a quiet word with Alex about it. But Vinnie is smart, and a religious argument is not the best place to be going on a reality tv show, especially when you're stuck with that religious lunatic 24 hours a day. It's incessant, and they won't just drop it once you've brought it up, they'll keep pushing and pushing. Born again Christianity is one of the most dangerous cult movement in the world today in my mind, I've had a few friends venture into it, and it took us a long time to get one back out the other side.

Because he's dealing with each person how they need to be dealt with. He was softer with sov but got her attention and you could see it in her eyes. He's got Alex's attention and has really taken on the mentor role, even training with him as a coach.

Have you ever had an argument with a born-again christian though? Its not good, its a cyclical argument, to which they've been given an answer to dodge any question. He's not licking up to steve IMO, he avoids him as much as is possible, but notice stephen doesnt push the religious stuff around vinnie, only when he's not around. If Vinnie had seen that ****e in the snug last night with alex and steve, u can be sure he'd be having a quiet word with Alex about it. But Vinnie is smart, and a religious argument is not the best place to be going on a reality tv show, especially when you're stuck with that religious lunatic 24 hours a day. It's incessant, and they won't just drop it once you've brought it up, they'll keep pushing and pushing. Born again Christianity is one of the most dangerous cult movement in the world today in my mind, I've had a few friends venture into it, and it took us a long time to get one back out the other side.

Well I agree on the religious end, there's no getting through to them, but he never once tried to stop Stephen bible reading or preaching in company - something he would have had a right to do if it was being pushed in his presence.

I think we see it from two different angles really. You feel he's talking man to man and I feel he's being unnecessarily harsh. Maybe it's a guy thing :) (are you a guy??)

Well I agree on the religious end, there's no getting through to them, but he never once tried to stop Stephen bible reading or preaching in company - something he would have had a right to do if it was being pushed in his presence.

I think we see it from two different angles really. You feel he's talking man to man and I feel he's being unnecessarily harsh. Maybe it's a guy thing :) (are you a guy??)

I am a guy but I seem to be lying on your side of the fence on this one,

does this mean I need to go to the doctors.

yes. are you a girl? Hey ;)

Lol

See, when Stephen was reading to the group he'd been asked to (I think by Nicola) so there wasnt much Vinnie could do. But he didnt exactly get down on his knees and praise the Lord! I don't know, we might see and argument out of it soon, but I think most of the house have a fairly accurate opinion on stephen, they just don't wnat to say it outloud. It seems to be a game of "avoid talking to Steve" in there, he's constantly wandering from person to person. Also, you have to factor in the "trying to avoid nominations" pressure.

I can see why you think he's being harsh, but Alex is responding to it really really well, is coming out of his shell, is becoming more focused on what HE wants to achieve as opposed to what Jordan wants him to achieve, and seems to be manning up. Maybe I have a totally wrong read on it, but I feel Vinnie realised he could help him out, and is doing that. He hated him when he arrived and did his best to avoid him, now he's training him and giving him career advice and looking out for him and what he says. I hope it works, my opinion of Alex is changing anyway.

yes. are you a girl? Hey ;)

Lol

Yes :)

So... How you doin? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

This I agree with. Vinnie was being frank with Alex, because Alex needed to be told the truth. Like I said in my other post, I think Jordan has influenced Alex. After all, who's a bigger press whore then Jordan, she loves being in the media limelight and seems to have Alex's ear about it as well. But Vinnie might actually break Alex out of his trance and see the truth. Vinnie is right, nobody would want to work with Alex if they knew about his media backround. Vinnie saying he wouldn't work with Alex for 5 million is just Vinnie being realistic, he wouldn't want to be associated with someone like that, as would other actors.

Vinnie said before he thought Alex was a twat when he first met him, which is proberly why he gave him a hard time. But he said he's changed his mind and seems to have warmed up to Alex now and has taken him under his wing. He's not so much a bully to him anymore. If Vinnie was being harsh during their talk, it because he feels he has to. Nobody likes being talked to like that, but people will have to be harsh in order to get through to others. Vinnie was being frank, he was telling Alex what he thought and I think it got through to Alex(maybe). I just hope Alex can be a little more open minded about the things he does, and ditch the b!tch Jordan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I can see it now:

Alex comes out of the house, no Jordan waiting for him as she's after running off with Jermaine Defoe.

Alex milks the "broken-hearted" story angle with the press he so despises. The public warms to him.

Jodie Marsh then gets her claws into Alex as she seems to like dating Jordan's cast offs, and she's into body-building now so her and Alex would be well matched

Jermaine will get bored of Jordan and cheat on her after a month like he did with his previous wannabe wags.

Alex will have forgotten all he learned from his CBB experience and end up in the same tacky destructive cycle with Jodie instead of Jordan.

The public will dislike him again.

He will turn up in I'm a Celebrity next Winter.

END :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I can see it now:

Alex comes out of the house, no Jordan waiting for him as she's after running off with Jermaine Defoe.

Alex milks the "broken-hearted" story angle with the press he so despises. The public warms to him.

Jodie Marsh then gets her claws into Alex as she seems to like dating Jordan's cast offs, and she's into body-building now so her and Alex would be well matched

Jermaine will get bored of Jordan and cheat on her after a month like he did with his previous wannabe wags.

Alex will have forgotten all he learned from his CBB experience and end up in the same tacky destructive cycle with Jodie instead of Jordan.

The public will dislike him again.

He will turn up in I'm a Celebrity next Winter.

END :D

Hate to agree but, there's a strong chance you'll be right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I have my wee vodka beside me and have my adult sized baby gro on...I've been looking forward to this all day.:)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Ann22 wrote: »
    I have my wee vodka beside me and have my adult sized baby gro on...I've been looking forward to this all day.:)

I have baileys and Christmas slippers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Quick question off topic Ann....Where did you buy those adult gro's?? I'd love to get one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is the Big Brother thread, we don't want to know about your fetishes.

Moving on...

I've my bottle of wine beside me and have my gimp mask on... I've been looking forward to this all day :)

Quick question off topic Ann....Where did you buy those adult gro's?? I'd love to get one:)
    I got mine in Dunnes but Pennys have them too. Lovely and cosy, except when you've to go to the toilet..you've to pull the whole lot down to your knees.:)

If i had one i'd never wear anything else at home, they look soooo comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Wonder who'll go? Surprisingly it sounded like Sov got a few cheers there. I would've guessed her and Katia would go. Don't think Heidi's done anything irritating enough yet to get the votes in.

Advertisement