Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity BB Post While Watching Thread (** Spoilers - See Post #1! **)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

My honest opinion on that, she should be spending as much time with her mam as possible.

I can't believe her mam would rather see her on BB than have her around her.

If I was told my mam had less than a year to live the last thing I would do is book myself into a TV show for a possible three week stint.

Just my opinion.

different strokes for different folks maybe its her way of dealing with it,

I had a close family member diagnosed with the same illness as Sovs mum she only got to live for 4 months,

I have to say I did not handle it well I found myself not being at home a lot of the time, I just found it very hard to sit looking at someone who was going to be gone soon,

my emotions were all over the place, when I look back it upsets me that I did not spend more time with her, but I understand why I was acting the way I did,

I knew no better.

so maybe Sov is having some escape time hoping it will all go away and when she gets out the miracle cure will have arrived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

My honest opinion on that, she should be spending as much time with her mam as possible.

I can't believe her mam would rather see her on BB than have her around her.

If I was told my mam had less than a year to live the last thing I would do is book myself into a TV show for a possible three week stint.

Just my opinion.

People deal with things differently. Its easy to say that we'd do one thing but unless it actually happens we cant actually know how we'd react.

Like fintonie said, it could a type of escape for her...her mam could even be a massive BB fan, who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

fintonie wrote: »
    different strokes for different folks maybe its her way of dealing with it,

I had a close family member diagnosed with the same illness as Sovs mum she only got to live for 4 months,

I have to say I did not handle it well I found myself not being at home a lot of the time, I just found it very hard to sit looking at someone who was going to be gone soon,

my emotions were all over the place, when I look back it upsets me that I did not spend more time with her, but I understand why I was acting the way I did,

I knew no better.

so maybe Sov is having some escape time hoping it will all go away and when she gets out the miracle cure will have arrived

Ah, I know.
    It was only my opinion as I said.

People do deal with things differently but I'm very glad I spent lots of time with my mam before she died.

Had I not, looking back and wishing I'd done things differently would have been hell.

Anyway..:D

The late live feed is a waste this year.

BB should be giving them night tasks to keep night time viewers interested.

Obviously BB would pick a scarf here, a hat there etc, but for Stephen they could pick his Bible as the item he had to give up.

Could you just imagine Stephen Bible doing that?:eek:

Although it would be a true test of his beliefs.

This is the man who said he would willingly let his daughter take a bullet rather than allow her to denounce God.:mad:

Sharpshooter I was just giving an insight to the way her mind might be ticking, nothing malice in it. (not saying you said there was)

on the task thing, yes there should be night ones and what they could do as a task for Stephen is give him a bible exactly like his own but remove some of the pages and see if he can tell what pages were taken out,

of course page numbers would have to be covered.

then get someone to run into the house and shout at him denounce your lord and god or kick yourself in the arse from the front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm not in anyway religious, but I think any task involving someones religion would be in bad taste and I would hope the producers would know better than to try anything like that...

I'm not in anyway religious, but I think any task involving someones religion would be in bad taste and I would hope the producers would know better than to try anything like that...

Can I ask why?

Stephen has no problem telling the HMs and the viewing public his views on the Bible.

So he has opened himself up to his faith being tested.

I don't think it would be in bad taste at all.

More needed imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Agreed. If Big Brother got into trouble with the whole Racism ordeal with Jade Goody, then there's no telling what way religous people would react, if they thought Big Bro was taking advantage of Stephen because of his religous beliefs.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Agreed. If Big Brother got into trouble with the whole Racism ordeal with Jade Goody, then there's no telling what way religous people would react, if they thought Big Bro was taking advantage of Stephen because of his religous beliefs.

I do believe there is a difference between taking advantage and trying to help someone to understand how much more they need to do in order to get to where they are going.

after all there must be something in there that says DONT LET SOME LUNATIC KILL YOUR DAUGHTER JUST BECAUSE SHE WONT DENOUNCE GOD.

maybe not that clear but I would say there is something about him being the father of his family and must protect them at all times.

so when he finds this information it will lift a weight from his shoulders,

and BB will be the hero's.

Riddle101 wrote: »

I think you could also look at it as opposite, Stephen has taken advantage of BB to shove his beliefs on the other HMs and the viewing public.

They have said they are uncomfortable with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

People aren't suggesting he be forced to give up his religious beliefs, merely his Bible.
    He can still recite it, think it, live his life via its instructions (contradictory and downright bizarre though they may be in parts) etc.
    Though having said that I totally accept your point and its probably an area the producers wouldn't want to go.

As an aside its interesting that there is no Muslim contestant this year, theres been 5 or 6 over the years. Also no out and out gay contestant, theres usually at least one, quite often an extremely camp 'in your face' gay person.

Co-incidence or one of Stephens pre-conditions? Conspiracy forum for me I guess :)

People aren't suggesting he be forced to give up his religious beliefs, merely his Bible.
    He can still recite it, think it, live his life via its instructions (contradictory and downright bizarre though they may be in parts) etc.
    Though having said that I totally accept your point and its probably an area the producers wouldn't want to go.

As an aside its interesting that there is no Muslim contestant this year, theres been 5 or 6 over the years. Also no out and out gay contestant, theres usually at least one, quite often an extremely camp 'in your face' gay person.

Co-incidence or one of Stephens pre-conditions? Conspiracy forum for me I guess :)

I think the fact that it is CBB this may be the reason, plus its for a short time so there is no need for over excited, exaggerating, mountains out of mole hills kinda people.

Sov did mention a few days ago when they were on about kissing it would be a girl she would be kissing. I know its not crystal but I think she is gay.

after all there must be something in there that says DONT LET SOME LUNATIC KILL YOUR DAUGHTER JUST BECAUSE SHE WONT DENOUNCE GOD.

He hasn't found it yet, I wonder why?
    maybe not that clear but I would say there is something about him being the father of his family and must protect them at all times.

By saying he would let his daughter take a bullet before allowing her to denounce God?

so when he finds this information it will lift a weight from his shoulders,

and BB will be the hero's.

Not quite.

I was hoping he would find something allowing him to not let his daughter take the bullet,

something like he is the father of his house hold and must protect his family at all times,

if this means putting his life for there's so be it, but to be honest I just cant see him sitting there letting some head the ball kill his daughter,

just tell her to say it but cross her fingers.

I think the fact that it is CBB this may be the reason, plus its for a short time so there is no need for over excited, exaggerating, mountains out of mole hills kinda people.

Thats a fair point. I was thinking primarily in terms of Pete Burns to be honest (and how he'd react to having Deutoronomy quoted at him), but looking down the list of previous CBB housemates there's actually very few strongly opinionated characters who'd be an obvious clash with Stephen. Maybe the leftwing politicians like George Galloway and Tommy Sheridan etc.

Its probably not that big an issue inside the house anyway - Stephens antics rarely seem to get mentioned in conversation between other housemates so its probably just getting edited in the highlights program to make it look as if he is constantly being a Bible-basher.

to be honest I just cant see him sitting there letting some head the ball kill his daughter,

But he categorically said he would.

He said he would say to her, " Tell him what I have taught you all your life,tell him that God exists".

And then, he would say to her:

" I will see you in heaven"

Make up your own mind of course, but I think when he gets out if they have any sense at all, his family will have moved, very very far away.

Thats a fair point. I was thinking primarily in terms of Pete Burns to be honest (and how he'd react to having Deutoronomy quoted at him), but looking down the list of previous CBB housemates there's actually very few strongly opinionated characters who'd be an obvious clash with Stephen. Maybe the leftwing politicians like George Galloway and Tommy Sheridan etc.

Its probably not that big an issue inside the house anyway - Stephens antics rarely seem to get mentioned in conversation between other housemates so its probably just getting edited in the highlights program to make it look as if he is constantly being a Bible-basher.

At the end of the day there is none of them bad people, they are human like us all (well most of us you did mention Pete Burns)

its a terror how we form opinions on people or should I say allow a reality TV show let us get in a strop over certain personalities,

they even do it in the house to themselves as if its a given, the one part I did not like was Vinny questioning Nicola about being a WAG, it looked to me like he was looking on her as a piece of muck but she never took the bait.

and when he talks about money he is a butter wouldn't melt,

asking Dane had he money and Dane replied yes I am ok I have enough then Vinny says how much like 2/3 million and when Dane said no way not that much you could see Vinny changing posture away from Dane.

But he categorically said he would.

He said he would say to her, " Tell him what I have taught you all your life,tell him that God exists".

And then, he would say to her:

" I will see you in heaven"

Make up your own mind of course, but I think when he gets out if they have any sense at all, his family will have moved, very very far away.

I know what he said, but I just cant see it, reality always kicks in at the right time. (errrrrrr ok maybe not) its just hard to win a debate with you,

I need 3 extra hrs sleep now

I know what he said, but I just cant see it, reality always kicks in at the right time. (errrrrrr ok maybe not) its just hard to win a debate with you,

I need 3 extra hrs sleep now
    Me too.

I'm honestly not trying to win a debate with you or any other poster.

All I am doing is telling it like I see it, imo.:)

Sure that's what this thread is all about.

Post while you're watching and give your opinion or your impression of the HMs.

It's cool.:pac:

Me too.

I'm honestly not trying to win a debate with you or any other poster.

All I am doing is telling it like I see it, imo.:)

Sure that's what this thread is all about.

Post while you're watching and give your opinion or your impression of the HMs.

It's cool.:pac:

ahhhhhhhhh jasus I know, no problem here, I just get it hard to express whats in me head sometimes, I enjoy the crack tis all cool:D

• Advertisement

ahhhhhhhhh jasus I know, no problem here, I just get it hard to express whats in me head sometimes, I enjoy the crack tis all cool:D

Pity you weren't around for the Rex v Rachel debates. Now that was a proper War. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Pity you weren't around for the Rex v Rachel debates. Now that was a proper War. :D

Good times..

Speaking of which, where is Mr. Nice Guy this year??

Good times, AJ.

Really good times.:)

Rachel did win though.:p

But the HM that kept us all watching was Rex.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Ah, I know.
    It was only my opinion as I said.

People do deal with things differently but I'm very glad I spent lots of time with my mam before she died.

Had I not, looking back and wishing I'd done things differently would have been hell.

quote]
    Really sorry to hear about your mam Sharpshooter, I know how you felt. My dad passed with brain tumours (secondary from lung cancer from which he'd had the all clear the year before)..he lived about four months from first symptom and for a lot of that time, he was very confused and had difficulty speaking and swallowing. When it's a brain illness, not only is it difficult to know how long the person will live, you also don't know how long they'll be able to recognise you or have memories etc. Personally, I wouldn't've went away for 3wks either..and if I happened to be on live tv, I'd be on my best behaviour.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Just watching Little Brother there, Jedward are being all hyper on it.

A clip was shown of the housemates' next task, its going to be brilliant to watch, they're on a kids' roundabout and having disgusting things like catfood sprayed at them!

edit - Jedward said they are doing something soon that's supposed to be a surprise, and they said "check us out on Wednesday", i wonder are they being put in???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Whats happening monday? More evictions, I got home from the pub early last night and switched on to C4 and CBB was one but it was just highlights of the last 24 hours, didn't see the housemates nominating nic and sov?

All this talk of jedward going into the house.. no smoke without fire?

funkyflea wrote: »
    Whats happening monday? More evictions, I got home from the pub early last night and switched on to C4 and CBB was one but it was just highlights of the last 24 hours, didn't see the housemates nominating nic and sov?

some damp straw and a spark will create a lot of smoke and no fire,

also smoke bombs.

Sov to win.

funkyflea wrote: »

Doubt it. There'd be 8 men and 3 women (2 of them 'mature') if they did that.
    If its not too late to send someone in (and arguably it is with just 12 days left :() then its most likely to be a 20something female for the boys.

3rd Eviction Betting.

Sov 1/5.
    Nicola 4/1.

So its considered about 80% likely that Sov is the one to go. Not a certainty by any means so Sov fans shouldn't give up hope, but she needs a decent edit tonight which seems unlikely.
    Hopefully she beats the odds and stays as she is bringing far more to the program that Nicola at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sov to win.
    Kind of like her meself. She is pretty hot aswell in a weird way.
    Ivanna is cool aswell.

Advertisement