Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity BB Post While Watching Thread (** Spoilers - See Post #1! **)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

pookie82 wrote: »
    Is that not contradicting yourself there? You look at both the press and the house, but have formed all of your opinions despite and before seeing the house?

So you're just taking the press into consideration then.

Tabloid journalism tends to exagerrate for maximum effect. BB edits for maximum effect too, but very few characters can maintain a flawless act for almost a month. I would find the latter a far more reliable judge of character.

No, i look at both to form opinions, didnt say which was going to have the most influence over my opinion, but i do look at both.

What Vinnie has done has been pretty violent, he hasnt shown any violence in the house but thats not going to happen in a controlled environment like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

We must be careful here or we'll get into the whole debate of 'C4 has the power to edit the show in such a way as to show contestant X in a positive/negative light'

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

No, i look at both to form opinions, didnt say which was going to have the most influence over my opinion, but i do look at both.

What Vinnie has done has been pretty violent, he hasnt shown any violence in the house but thats not going to happen in a controlled environment like that.

To be fair he's threatened it a few times, like when Sisqo kicked off at him. He said something like "If we weren't in here he would have been put through the wall" or something to such effect. I'm surprised he wasn't called out on that.

Kenny was reprimanded for saying stuff like that behind Bea's back last summer.

*Shudders at the memory of last year's Bea*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

To be fair he's threatened it a few times, like when Sisqo kicked off at him. He said something like "If we weren't in here he would have been put through the wall" or something to such effect. I'm surprised he wasn't called out on that.

Kenny was reprimanded for saying stuff like that behind Bea's back last summer.

*Shudders at the memory of last year's Bea*

Ah but he controlled himself because he's in the house.

I wonder how life outside the house is for Bea now actually after everything that happened. she was some weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Just heard on radio that whoevers in the animal costume will be evicted first tonight ?

And Davina is entering the house wearing an animal costume but nobody will know who it is? Mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Davina McCall will tonight become a Celebrity Big Brother housemate for the first time. The show's host has been in the house many times before, but never part-way through an actual series. During tonight's shock (for the housemates, not for us) double eviction, the first housemate to get the boot will do so wearing an animal outfit as part of a task. The plan is that after whoever it is has secretly left, Davina will put on the same suit and go into the house via the Diary Room. The costume will protect her identity and housemates will be forbidden from talking to her. BB aren't revealing how long she'll be in there or even what she'll be doing, but we love the sneakiness of it. The only thing that could mess things up is if Basshunter gets the boot. Suit or no suit, Davina just isn't that tall. Who do you think will be walking the plank tonight?

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

vinnie will win i think but they could pick alex for the pity vote.

Ah but he controlled himself because he's in the house.

I wonder how life outside the house is for Bea now actually after everything that happened. she was some weapon.

Of course, otherwise he would have been booted out. His real personality shone through though.

Bea has thankfully faded into oblivion.

Tonight's plan with the animal outfit sounds awesome. Anyone know what time it's on at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What if hitler went into the house two weeks after he killed the jews, you saying his past wouldn't affect your voting methods??

Hypothetical situation of course.

of course it would

he would win because we would fear the rath of hitler

People can pretend to be as nice as pie in relationships for months too, this is why the first year is referred to as the honeymoon period.
    I'm sure Joe O'Reillys work colleagues didnt think he was capable of murder and they worked with him everyday.
    I'm sure Vinnie Jones wouldnt punch someones lights out in there either, its a controlled environment, there's lots of acting going on!

I think you will find its the first 7 days re the honeymoon period (in some cases 7 minutes)

• Advertisement

Of course, otherwise he would have been booted out. His real personality shone through though.

Bea has thankfully faded into oblivion.

Tonight's plan with the animal outfit sounds awesome. Anyone know what time it's on at?

Highlight show at 21.00, eviction show on at 22.55 (very late for a school night :()

I want a glass of wine tonight watching the eviction...is that acceptable on a Wednesday night? :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Bookies have over reacted to the fake tan thing last night, Alex isnt popular enough to be an odds fav.

Dane is still the one to be on imo.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Bookies have over reacted to the fake tan thing last night, Alex isnt popular enough to be an odds fav.

Dane is still the one to be on imo.

I agree md, votes keep you in now and Dane will have the greater fan base,

Alex will pick up a lot more votes since his popularity has grown

but if you think about it before he went in how many votes would he have got, so he is getting a top up on zero really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

I don't even unerstand why last night's antics have changed so many people's opinions of him and made him the favourite to be honest. I know it was funny to watch but in my opinion he's been playing up to the cameras from the beginning (he is constantly checking out where the nearest camera is and making sure he's in a good position etc) and last night was the ultimate in him showing off and making a last-ditched attempt to make sure he got the most camera time. He obviously thinks he's well fit anyway and that his body is his best asset and was hoping showing the public his permatanned nakedness would convince them too and win him votes. And it does seem to have done the trick alright. How shallow and easily bought of you all! Maybe I'm cynical but this guy knows how to court fame and controversy, that's exactly what he was doing last night to ensure his survival in the house tonight. He's not (quite) as stupid as he looks. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭omerin

love to see alex win, if nothing else for the look on vinnys face when it would be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

MelanieC wrote: »
    I don't even unerstand why last night's antics have changed so many people's opinions of him and made him the favourite to be honest. I know it was funny to watch but in my opinion he's been playing up to the cameras from the beginning (he is constantly checking out where the nearest camera is and making sure he's in a good position etc) and last night was the ultimate in him showing off and making a last-ditched attempt to make sure he got the most camera time. He obviously thinks he's well fit anyway and that his body is his best asset and was hoping showing the public his permatanned nakedness would convince them too and win him votes. And it does seem to have done the trick alright. How shallow and easily bought of you all! Maybe I'm cynical but this guy knows how to court fame and controversy, that's exactly what he was doing last night to ensure his survival in the house tonight. He's not (quite) as stupid as he looks. :rolleyes:

I never thought of it in that light. Maybe he is showing off a bit..the tan thing was blatant exhibitionism but he does in such an obvious way that I find it endearing...dunno why really maybe its a bit like the way a 10yr old boy will show off how strong he is to his mates.

I was prepared not to like him but in a matter of days it was dawning on me that he was a likeable chap..my attention was drawn to it when Vinnie was picking on him at the start and I started to pity him.

I read an interview with him in a mag that Peter writes for (Star or one of those) where the interviewer tells him that Jordan is forever texting Pete..he just kept saying 'when I see it I'll believe it'..then when he went back with her after her jungle thing..I was thinking 'what an a*shole so desperate for publicity that he'll stick with someone who couldn't care less..but the more I see of him the more I like him and the more I wish he'd ditch her.

I especially love the way he slags Vinnie off:).

MelanieC wrote: »

Cheers :rolleyes:

A lot of people on here have liked Alex anyway. I don't think people's opinions changing are to do with him getting his kit off. The thing I like about Alex is that the can laugh at himself. He was showing a caricature of himself last night with the fake tan IMO. He takes the crap he gets from Vinnie and others on the chin. He's actually been pretty quiet in the series and I haven't seen him courting the cameras too much (besides the first few days, I admit).

My opinion has Alex has definitely changed from my perceptions of him before he went into the show. Ok, he wants to be famous, but he doesn't hide that fact...isn't that what they all want out of the show? He's a bit naive, a bit of an eejit, but overall he seems like a pretty sound and easy-to-get-on-with guy.

Alex FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

vinnie is really turnin into a complete bastard in there. i still would.

alex is a loveable tool.

jonas is a twelve yr old boy in a mans body, but i like him.

dane is quite the moany bastard, i would.

stephanie is brilliant, last nights laughin episode had me in tears!

ivana is lovely. thats all though!

nikki is on and off, boring but then funny doin the tree task. "big fat orange!!"

cant wait for tonight!!

on BBLB today the HMs were asked which HM they have changed there perception of the most

Alex got the vote from most of them,

Vinny and Stephanie were the only ones who taught they themselves were changed the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Well she's going in after the first person is evicted. It usually happens that 2 housemates are evicted in the second show but maybe the first person is being evicted at the end of the highlight show and she'll go in until the start of the second show? That's the only way I can think of it working anyway.

Highlight show at 21.00, eviction show on at 22.55 (very late for a school night :()

I want a glass of wine tonight watching the eviction...is that acceptable on a Wednesday night? :o:D

Well I'll have one with you and we can feel better that we're not drinking alone!!!;)

Won't have access to a laptop tonight methinks but I'll be with ya'll in spirit(s)!!!:p

Glee is on TV3 at 8!

Everyone getting boos! Hate the bloody BB audiences! Jonas got the best reception, surprisingly. There's a big campaign going for him on DS.

Crowd chanting "Get Vinnie out!" :D

Everyone getting boos!

I know!!! Can't believe Jonas got the most cheers???

Yep, Vinnie to go!!!

Another glass of vino?:D Is it ok I'm already finished my first?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Mmmm Jonas and Nicola got very little boos.
    Here we go again, nicola's going off on her 'I'm only a dumb girl' mode:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Everyone getting boos! Hate the bloody BB audiences! Jonas got the best reception, surprisingly. There's a big campaign going for him on DS.

Crowd chanting "Get Vinnie out!" :D

They always do that, don't they.
    And then they cheer them in the interview.

Strange people.:D

• Advertisement

I wonder what the HMs have done to scupper the Davina-going-in-in costume plan....

Advertisement