Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malpractice or not??????

Options
  • 15-12-2009 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I got hit with a door one night and cut the back of my hand (dont ask was not my fault). went to the local Night Clinic about 11:30pm got 5 stiches and a very swolen hand, the doctor said it is ok and to get the stitches taken out a week later.
    After the swelling went down i noticed a bump on the back of my hand under the cut, it was also sore to use my ring and baby finger i thought i might have cut or damaged the mussel, after about 2 weeks the bump is still there went to the Gp and he sent me for xray. found out today that the bone in my hand is broke and more than likely set so i will need to get it rebroken and set or leave it but if i leave it i will have artritis and a bump on the back of my hand.
    So can i claim for malpractice because the doctor that gave me the stitches didnt tell me to go to an open hospital or tell me to come back in the morning to get an xray? please get back to me on this if you know
    Thanks
    P.S. not looking for big payout just looking for cost to cover medical bills to get this sorted out.

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Forum Charter - Solicitor. Thanks a lot. Goodbye.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement