Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG G36c upgrade advice needed

Options
  • 15-12-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭

Hey people! Ok now I am asking a rather newb-ish question. What internal upgrades do you all recommend for my beautiful JG G36c? I am leaving the barrel as stock for the moment, and going to put in a Guarder Clear Hop up. However... The bushings, shims, gears, motor, etc is what worries me. I dont want to **** it up and am on a tight budget. What do y'all recommend? Oh and any ideas you have for 'pimping' it lol. I plan on the AN/PEQ, etc- I asked Tony for a quote on the list I sent him. Ill post the list.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Bushings or Bearings - Whatever diameter they are. 7mm I think, Element one's are great.
    Shims - G&P and Guarder set.
    Piston- Element Lightweight V2/3
    Piston Head- Systema Duracon bearing head
    Air Nozzle - G36 type air seal one, King Arms.

If the nozzle is drilled you will need to replace the spring too, an Element M95 will give you around 310-320 fps. Leave everything else stock. Clean the gearbox and use silicone oil (not WD40) inside the cylinder and White Lithium Grease on the gears.

Check the compression on the cylinder, cover the nozzle with your finger and try to push the piston up, if it just slides up, you've no compression, check the seals and pack out the o-ring with Teflon tape (might aswell teflon tape the hop too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

:) thanks Lefty :) I was a tad bothered by the thought of completely ****ing it up- I have recurring nightmares about the time I used WD40 and some petrol stuff to clean what I thought was a 'greasy' airsoft gun when I bought my first one. Thankfully it was merely a spring pistol... But a Nice one at that! I am going for a compromise between ROF and accuracy, weighing in the favor of accuracy. However if ROF suffers badly I will have to reconsider. The other project involves a Galaxy MP5k... You will see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

here's something i threw up on our own forum a while back, one of two of the pics may be in the wrong place relative to the text, havn't bothered editing it but youll get the idea.

There's not a whole lot to it, just take your time and try remember what way everything goes together.

Take pics before each stage of disassembly if your not sure or if its going to be left on a desk for a protracted period of time & your short term memory is w@nked.

http://sea-c.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=317

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Bushings or Bearings - Whatever diameter they are. 7mm I think, Element one's are great.
    Shims - G&P and Guarder set.
    Piston- Element Lightweight V2/3
    Piston Head- Systema Duracon bearing head
    Air Nozzle - G36 type air seal one, King Arms.

If the nozzle is drilled you will need to replace the spring too, an Element M95 will give you around 310-320 fps. Leave everything else stock. Clean the gearbox and use silicone oil (not WD40) inside the cylinder and White Lithium Grease on the gears.

Check the compression on the cylinder, cover the nozzle with your finger and try to push the piston up, if it just slides up, you've no compression, check the seals and pack out the o-ring with Teflon tape (might aswell teflon tape the hop too).

Too right lefty, i'd mine set up very like this and it ran an 11,1 without a problem:D!

Most Jg g36cs take 7mm bearings, but have seen ones take 6mm. AFAIK the spring guide in them is plastic though, maybe get a bearing spring guide too.

Since you're going to be opening the mb, now is a good time to learn to shim. Also have a look at the AoE, it will save your nice new piston in the long run ;)

Frank, I wouldn't be too keen on using a thick grease on the piston head and o-ring, it helps the seal, but you can lose rate of fire and consistency in doing so. I'd rather use a good quality silicone oil to lubricate them, if you're only getting a good compression with grease then you've a problem with the seals, also means that, thick grease isn't going to clog up the air nozzle or get into the barrel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Frank, I wouldn't be too keen on using a thick grease on the piston head and o-ring, it helps the seal, but you can lose rate of fire and consistency in doing so. I'd rather use a good quality silicone oil to lubricate them, if you're only getting a good compression with grease then you've a problem with the seals, also means that, thick grease isn't going to clog up the air nozzle or get into the barrel.

The amount in the pic is not what ended up inside the gun, obviously it was tidied up a bit, its hard to take pics with greasy hands.

I dont agree with using a low viscosity lube on the piston given the amount of movement it will see in the normal course of things, silicone oil will wear out very quickly & has more of a chance of getting into your hop, as it comes out in a mist when the piston moves forward.

The effect on ROF with a thicker lube will be minimal, most stock (clone) guns being geared for higher torque i wouldnt imaging the effect to be more than half a RPS, if even that.
    Like i said it wasnt really geared towards a high ROF setup, just some simple upgrades to get a gun performing better than stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

I think the pictures in Franks guide is my gun and I can say its a cracker now.
    Very much improved rate of fire and a greater more consistant fps too.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

Thanks for the amazing advice guys! I cant wait to crack this baby open...
    I will take your advice Lefty and Frank I will follow that guide. I will post MANY photos of the device in various stages of stripping... Oh I may get Defender to paint her up... I have a few ideas...

Phractal wrote: »
    Thanks for the amazing advice guys! I cant wait to crack this baby open...
    I will take your advice Lefty and Frank I will follow that guide. I will post MANY photos of the device in various stages of stripping... Oh I may get Defender to paint her up... I have a few ideas...

Patience is your friend.

Hahahaha that actually gave me a good laugh mate. Well seeing as me cracking it open coincides with christmas day... Of course I cant wait. However you are right- patience is crucial when taking anything apart- less chance of something going 'PING' and flying out the window, or into your eye :P. So light silicon lubrication oil in the piston thingy then... Got it.
    And lots of Nice new bits :). Hopefully soon she will be spewing out BBs with pinpoint precision and blinding ROF LOL.

• Advertisement
Advertisement