Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Radio Won't Turn Off

• 15-12-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭

I put a new Radio in my van (Citroen Berlingo) and basically when I turn off the van and take out the keys the radio keeps going until I switch it off manually! This is fine now but in 6 months time I know I will be very pissed off with having to do it every time!! Anyone got any idea how I can fix this or what might be causing it??

The radio is a JVC BT-KD11! I can attach some photos of the wires at the back if required!! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

sounds like your ignition and constant live are the wrong way round. I'm not sure which wires are which on a berlingo though. It's a common thing with Vag cars and aftermarket stereo too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'd like to know this too.

Although I've a slight suspicion it's something to do with a wire going to the ignition?

Not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Ok cool well theres only 2 looms of wires connected into the back of the stero so presumably it must be a case of just switching them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

I fixed this before on a punto.

Basically you have a live wire powering your radio (usually a thickish red one) which is always connected and there is another red wire coming from the ignition (thin wire, only used to switch radio on and off and does not carry lots of current)
    In the case of the punto the loom was slightly different than standard and the switched live was not connected to the radio at all. I figured out which wire this was using a multimeter and moved it's position in the loom, problem sorted!

If you have a multimeter go out and get access to your radio loom. Look for a thin red wire in the loom and check if it comes on and off with the ignition. Then find the wiring diagram for your radio and find out where the switched live connects to, move the one in your car to suit and problem fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 drs1

guys the cars mentioned above are differently wired than this particular
    berlingo.(i think)
    the berlingo is probably 04+ and these vans where wired through CAN-BUS
    lines in the car which means there not fed by the simple perm live and ign feeds but a perm feed and the CANLINES send the on/off signal.
    might be worth getting a professional to do the wiring or if your capable wire yourself from fuse box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Its a '03 sorry should have mentioned that!!

Would the wiring in that make it easier for me to fix??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Check the red and yellow wires from the stereo and from the car loom, and their relationship to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 drs1

i dont think switching the red and yellow will do anything,
    as the radio is staying on perm..
    if they were the wrong way round the worst case is no memory holding but would still knock off with the key..
    hope this helps
    i defo think wiring a safe ignition feed from the fuse box is ur best bet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Red is ignition sense.

If the stereo is getting constant power thru the red it may not knock off.

It's also possible that whoever wired it connected red and yellow together and wired them to a constant source.

Advertisement