Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PANTERA Discussion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Phil Anselmo is a god. <3

Vugar Display of Power is one of the most emotive, powerful, agressive and raw albums you will ever hear. Amazing work. From the lyrics, riffs, drums, solos to the vocals. Perfect.

Watch the Vulgar Videos from Hell compilation of home videos and you'll see that they are the funniest, nicest guys around. Phil was such a smart and eloquent guy before the overdose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 junkyman

I just dont understand why people feel the need to rate albums best to worst. Pantera are an amazing band, technically amazing, melodically inspiring and more importantly, truthful. Their albums capture the era in which they were made so instead of saying which is best and which is worse, just be thankful that they got the chance to make so many amazing songs. Just my 2 cents!
    All hail the lip!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Pantera are amazing!
    Dimebag was the one who influenced me most when I was starting to play guitar, he was on the cover of Guitarist magazine in 1995 or 1996..

You guys should download* the Cowboys From Hell Demo's, some songs have different lyrics, the music is more raw, but awesome, you really get the true feel of it, the actual finished album sounds more polished/sterile.

* as far as I know not available to buy anywhere/never released officially, so download it..

Has anyone ever seen pics from their glam days before Pantera?? :D I remember Dimebag being on that mag, the man is still a legend and the world is a little duller for having lost him. Problem is, who's going to take his place? Theirs nothing but utter tripe coming out these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

junkyman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen pics from their glam days before Pantera?? :D I remember Dimebag being on that mag, the man is still a legend and the world is a little duller for having lost him. Problem is, who's going to take his place? Theirs nothing but utter tripe coming out these days!
    http://www.guitarworld.com/50_greatest_solos?page=0%2C0 - Dimebag has 2 solos in the top 50. Legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

:confused: What in gods name are you talking about!

Just expressing my opinion. I don't think they were the most amazing musicians individually but they made great music together even though I felt that some of it was very samey.

Having said that I don't mind repetitve music. I listen to metalcore mostly. Nice to have familiarity. :)

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just expressing my opinion. I don't think they were the most amazing musicians individually but they made great music together even though I felt that some of it was very samey.

Having said that I don't mind repetitve music. I listen to metalcore mostly. Nice to have familiarity. :)

I'm a huge Pantera fan and I can see what your getting at man, musically they worked so well together, the whole was greater than the individual i mean that rhythm section with that guitarist! :eek: I think what drew me further into them was Phils lyrics, it was the first time id heard such honesty, conviction and integrity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

That_Guy wrote: »

Apologies, I thought you were trolling.

Guitar world this month has a massive chunk of it devoted to Dimebag. Well worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

junkyman wrote: »

You clearly aren't looking hard enough!

Advertisement